Chapter 8

Not in the best mood rn. I feel like shit. But I'm not gonna get it out on you guys. So here, enjoy the update.

__________________________________________________

Dinah~

The steady pace of the raindrops crashed down upon my jacket and shorts. I had went from a run around the lake and I was exhausted. I still liked the adrenaline rush running gave me; it felt like a surge of power. But the constant fall of rain on my glasses weren't helping my vision.

As I twirled my keys and blinked away the harshly rapid raindrops I saw a figure off into the distance with their knees pulled to their stomach and struggling to crouch under a porch. Their brown hair drenched along side their soaked clothing.

I squinted my eyes harder. No, it's not her. The devil is a lie.

"N-Normani !!" I yelled. The figures attention averted over towards me. I jogged my way towards her front door and squatted down next to her.

"Are you okay ?"

She nodded her head and put her chin back in between her knees.

"I'm- I'm going inside. You should come with me, it's gonna drop down to 27°"

She shook her head no and avoided my eyes.

"Normani please, I don't wanna see you sick. Let me repay you for at least walking me to class when you sat on my foot"

Her porcelain fragile eyes glanced up into mine as she pushed herself off the ground. I easily slid off my jacket and placed to around her shoulders.

"C'mon, I'll get you something to eat too." I whispered to her as we crossed back over the street back inside.

I jiggled the keys into the bottom lock and pushed our way into the house.

"Welcome Normani, to Tempo 7 !" I shouted as I stuck my hands out.

"I like your house" She whispered quietly as she cuddled deeper into the jacket.

"Oh no, I don't claim this house. I only live here temporarily"

She scrunched her eyebrows cutely and tilted her head a bit.

"Julie let me live in her basement. So yeah. But I'm not gonna be here forever; I'm gonna be either kicked out or move out sooner or later. I have the feeling Julie doesn't like me"

"Why do you call your mom, Julie ?" She pondered again in a low voice.

I locked the door behind us and looked back down at her, "Because I don't wanna claim her or her herpies"

Her eyes widened, "Her what ?"

"Never mind, c'mon lets go to my room"

~~~

I changed into my simple relaxing clothes of a white sports bra and baggier sweatpants. As I walked out the bathroom drying my hair, Normani calmly sat at the edge of my bed taking another small bite of her Nutella sandwich.

"So Mani," I began as I kept drying my hair with the towel, "I have to write a little bit, does that bother you ?"

She shook her head no and reverted her gaze back down to the sandwich. She was a really shy girl.

"Do you need anything ? Another towel ? Maybe some more food-"

Her lips curled into a smile as she laughed lightly, "No Dinah, I'm fine. Thank you"

My face heated up at the sound of my name off her lips. I slumped down into my bed, leaning my back against the backboard, put my chill playlist on, and propped up my writing journal.

Minute after minute passes of nothing but the sound of my pencil scribbling but mainly my eraser fixing the ugly creation I called my writing. I had been writing this short story for a while, ever since Tempo 5, and I was just stuck on this one specific scene. It kills the hell out of me to know that something about my writing will prevent me from continuing my story.

I groaned out and flung my journal to the other side of my bed. I had forgotten Normani was there because she flinched and almost fell off the bed. I ran my fingers through my hair and leaned my head against the backboard letting out another sigh.

"What's wrong ?" she asked sincerely.

"I can't write for my life" I groaned as I closed my eyes shut.

She grabbed my journal and opened it back up to the page I was writing at. Her eyes skimmed through the page and she looked back up at me.

"I like it" she said softly.

"Thank you but I don't think it's realistic. I don't like fake stories that aren't real or relatable. It's just a bother"

She scooted closer towards me and patted my propped up knees, "Well, books are people personal thoughts and ideas Dinah. It's not just for facts and statements. It's also your thoughts and fantasies. So yes, unrealistic can be weird but adding the fantasy that you add makes the magic of the story"

I smiled and put my hand overtop of hers, "The fantasy that you add makes the magic of the story"

Everything she has just told makes me want even more, not even because of her looks but mentally. I want to get to know her more. I know I seem to be rushing into things but I feel a little connection with her.

"Making the sparks fly and more emotion makes all situations better" She began to lean closer towards me making me feel slightly uncomfortable.

"Uh, yeah I'll keep that in mind," I gulped, "Passion sets the mood, I guess I need to find some inspiration"

"You'll find something. Hopefully it'll be a big inspiration"

I had only heard half of what she said because my eyes were fixed on the way her backside looked in those jeans, "Mmhm, really big"

She threw her head back as she laughed at my joke. She slapped my arm playfully as she ran her fingers through her hair, "I swear Dinah, you're so funny." Normani's eyes glimmered with a sort of sparkle as she bit her lip. I gulped harshly at the sight.

"Dinah ?"

"Mmhm" I squeaked.

"You're staring at my lips"

"Yeah, lips" I wasn't processing all she said but I didn't care, as long as her lips moved.

"You're a good writer Dinah"

"T-thank you. I've always wanted to be one but-yeah."

I stared back up at her face to see her raising an eyebrow, "But what ?" She asked.

"I do enjoy writing but it won't take me far. There's nothing special about my writing"

"But you can't deny your dreams. Your dreams aren't supposed to be held back by denial," She licked her lips slowly, causing me to gulp once again. I looked up from her lips to meet her equally tempting eyes. Then suddenly her voice become sensual and low as she told me, "Go for what you want Dinah. Don't hold back."

Something overtook me as I took my chances and leaned in. Is this real life ? Normani was in my room, straddling me, on my lap, kissing me. What completely caught me off guard was her lips meeting mine halfway.

But all my thoughts were washed away as my natural ways took over and my eyes finally close shut; syncing into the kiss. The vanilla taste from her skin was all I was currently tasting and craving. Her lips fit perfectly into mine as her arms somehow made its way around my neck as my hands made its way around her waist pulling her closer towards me. As the kiss deepened her hands traveled all around my stomach and sides causing shiver to erupt around my body. Her touch was so light and soft it felt like tiny kisses being left wherever she touched. My hands found its way to her back pockets, slipping comfortably into them. I gave her butt a little squeeze making her to gasp in the kiss. A devious smirk spread across my lips as her vanilla flavor continued to spread across my taste buds.

"Hey Dinah, Mom told me to bring you down leftovers" Nadine's voice trailed off as she spotted the kissing situation I was in. Normani and I scrambled off each other and glared at Nadine.

"Oh shit" mumbled Nadine dropping the bag in her hand.

Oh shit was right.