Jealousy That Burns

Jakob's P.O.V

It was a bit alarming sitting across from a person that just tried to punch your face off. Especially when they were a 16 year old boy who didn't blink.

"So Jake?"
I shift towards Hayleigh.

"How old are you?"
I smiled knowing exactly why she asked.

"I'm 21, you?"

"Old enough." She replies cheerfully.

"Hey none of that." Vivian announces while entering the kitchen, with a bowl of funny looking sausages.

I chuckle as she walks over to the stove. She can be seen fussing over something brewing in the pot.

Hayleigh winks at me and I shudder. A wink is always how it starts. Always. It may be harmless but eventually can become much more.

I get up and peer over her shoulder. "What's that?" I question.

She bats me away. "Its food, why?"

"Cause it looks like a pig peed in it. A horse drank it and then spit it out." I comment.

She laughs a hardy laugh.

"Its potato soup." I nod.

"Do you know how to make it?" I ask, my head resting on her shoulder.

"Kinda according to Pinterest I'm doing a great job." I take the spoon from her, brushing her hand in the process. Purposely.

"I got this." She smirks at me. A smirk under other circumstances I would've gladly loved to kiss off. She moves allowing me to take over the disaster accruing. "Don't burn anything." She taunts across her shoulder.

*****

A few salt and pepper shakes later. The masterpiece (soup) is done along with the ugly sausages Vivian described as Mackerels and white rice.

"Is this what you normally eat?" I question not to anyone in particular.

"Not always we have something different daily." I look up to see a tiny little girl with doe brown eyes identical to Vivian's.

"Thanks for elaborating." I respond.

She nods. "You know the others hate you, but i think your a good guy like superman. But your just confused. That happened to Superman his brain was taken over by this monster and he couldn't tell if the place he was in was real or not." She whispers.

I take her thoughts into consideration. "Thank you for liking me." I whisper back.

"Kaydence,Vivian said to get the twins." The girl Kaydence nods.

"Bye Bye." She says before disappearing into the hall. I smile. She has a valet point.

----"Vivian." I call.

"Hmm?" She hums while pouring portions of food onto plates.

"Did you need help?" I ask. She stops and glances at me, thoughtfully. She doesn't say anything for a while just looks at me, like i'm a work of Da Vinci.

"No Jake, You've done enough." If i hadn't heard the crack in her voice, i would've sworn she was just talking about the food. The words had not only a double meaning but an affect too.

My heart ached, Literally.

"Viv-"

"Vivian the twins are up and everyone's waiting." Hayleigh announces loudly.

"Thanks Hay we'll be in there." She nods before leaving.

"Jake." Her voice echoes in the dim space. "I'm not stupid. It won't be like it was before."

I glance at her. "Then I guess I'll have to try harder."

20 mins later.

Viv and I were washing the dishes that had piled up. The kids were scattered around, doing diffrent activites.But Hayleigh and Kaydence were eavesdropping on our conversation.They we're still audible in the living room.

The kitchen was quiet we didn't really talk. I felt like I should have said something, but I could tell that she didn't want to be disturbed.

Soft footsteps echo In the kitchen as I turn to see who it is Vivian smiles and rushes to the figure.

"Kazzy!" She exclaims happily.

"Vak.I'm guessing you missed me?" He asks.

"Nope just glad to see your Ok."

His head turns in my direction.
"What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" I retort. He gives me a deadly stare. "Look here you little-"

"Kaz." Vivian warns.

"Stay away from my girlfriend. She's no concern of yours. And if I find that you ignore me. Your gonna find yourself without limbs."

I could feel my anger rise. "I don't know who the f-ck your talking to. But I'm a grown man. If I see Vivian, I see Vivian."

He clenches his fist and I do the same. Vivian steps In front of him. "Kaz if you do this we're over." She says firmly.

I don't know if he's more shocked than me. But I can say that his wheels were turning. She was willing to risk her relationship for me?

He looks at her and without another word walks out. She turns to me with crystals in her eyes.
"I think its best you leave."

"Vivian-"

She glares at me intently, and in a voice I've never heard her use she says. "Leave."

Without question, I quietly exit the kitchen. I sit in my car screaming. I regret arguing with her boyfriend. If she's happy why should I try to ruin that?

--------

Hi, so Wattpad wouldn't let me update. Why idk but I hope you liked. It took a while to write too but I love u guys!!!

God bless