Chapter 12.❤

"Wait here." I said, parking the car. "She's already landed, I'ma just go get her."

"Alright." He said, turning up the radio. I rushed inside and made my way to baggage claim. I saw Lexus standing there, waiting for her luggage to come off the belt.

"Lexus!" I said, kinda excited. She turned to me and smiled.

"Hey babe." I walked faster up to her and gave her a hug. Her arms wrapped around me, they seemed to fit around me so perfect. "I'm so glad to see you." She kissed my cheek.

"Kirk!" Her mom said, her suitcases rolling behind her. Lexus went and grabbed hers off the belt. "How's everything?"

"Fine I guess." I shrugged one shoulder.

"You sure?" She put her hand on my shoulder. "If you need to talk.."

"Thanks." I smiled.

"What are yous talking about?" Lexus asked. I just stood there for a moment admiring her face. I almost lost my train of thought.

"Oh, uhh, nothing. Come on, lets go." I took her suitcases from her, and wheeled them out to the car.

"I can do it myself." She said, trying to take them back.

"Nahh, I got it boo."

"Thank you."

"Y'all are too cute." Ruthie said, smiling at us. Lexus blushed a little.

"Is that Darrel?" They both said at once.

"Oh god..." Lexus mumbled. I started laughing.

"He wanted to see you." I laughed.

"Why me?" I laughed at the face she made.

"I remember babysitting him, oh lawd, he was a pain in the ass!" Ruthie rolled her eyes, putting the luggage in the trunk.

"He still is." I said, helping her.

Lexus sat in the backseat, Darrel turned around and smiled at her. She faked a smile back.

"Momma Ruthie!" He yelled, smiling back at her. "How the hell are ya?!"

"I'm alright. You been to jail yet?" His face went serious.

"Maybe.." The girls started laughing.

"Man, I was joking!" I was holding back from laughing along with them. "Ay Darrel. Let me ask you something." Ruthie went on.

"What."

"So I was on the phone with your mom right... I didn't know you had a daughter! How old is she?"

"She four, almost five." He pulled out his phone and showed them a picture of his daughter. "Her names Mari."

"I like that name, she's wicked cute. She looks just like Ja-" Lexus looked over at her mom. "Ma...." She put her hand over her mouth.

"Can I see?" I asked. We were in traffic, not moving, so I looked away from the road. "Oh, she's cute."

"Lexus wants a son."

"Ma, shut up."

"We were talking about it on the plane."

"You brought it up! You asked me if I wanted kids or not and I said yeah if I knew the father of the baby was gonna be in their life."

"You didn't say 'father'" Lexus rolled her eyes. "You said-"

"I know what I said! I was there." She sounded defensive.