Chapter 2.❤

I did. I broke it off with Devon. I knew it was the right thing. Kirk had made a good point, I was only with him because I was lonely, not cause I was in love.

I'm the type of girl that goes into a relationship, wanting long term, not no three months kinda shit. Why even make things official if y'all ain't gonna be together that long? Don't make sense to me!

Tonight, Kirk was taking me to the recording studio with him, we had to be their by eight. I didn't dress in anything too fancy, we weren't going to a club or something. So I threw on black jeans, and a plain white tee, low cut though, so there was cleavage, and camo patter flats.

I looked down at my phone to check the time is was almost 7:30, we had to leave. I threw on a sweater.

"Come on! Lets go kirk!" I called out, walking into his room. "Oh my, I'm sorry." He was only in his boxer, about to slip on his jeans. You could tell he had just gotten out of the shower.

"I'm almost ready." He said, buttoning his pants. I felt my face turn a little red. "Aye! Matching shirts." He chuckled as he put his on. Then he sprayed cologne on himself. "Alright let's go." He grabbed his car keys off the night stand.

"Shoes?" I looked down at his feet, he nodded, then put on timbs. "NOW we can go." I playfully punched his arm, then taking his car keys. "I'm driving though! You drive like an old man!" He gave me a serious look, then tried not to smile.

"Shut the hell up, you've gotten your license suspended, oh, I don't know, three times!" He took the keys out of my hand. "Ima drive tonight boo boo." I rolled my eyes, sitting in the passengers seat. "You'll be okay." He rested his hand on my thigh, damn, I was getting red again. "You got blush on?" He asked.

"Nah."

"Ya cheeks are mad red." I shrugged.

"It's hot in here to be honest." He looked at me funny.

"Alright Lexus." He sighed.

As we pulled up to the studio, a huge group of girls and grown men .with cameras were waiting.

"Welcome to my life." He smiled, shutting the car off. "They can get feisty." I just nodded.

He took my hand, guiding me through the crowd of paparazzi. The flashes burned my eyes some. I heard someone say "is she one of your hoes?" It made me mad, but I had to bite my tongue.

Kirk and I don't go out in public as much as we use to, but lately we've been going out more. any of his real fans would know that we're roommates till he decides to get his own house. It was easier for us to share a condo, it was smaller, close to the beach, and close to the studio.

As Kirk recorded a few songs, I sat there on my phone, going through my twitter. I follow some fans, and some of his follow me. I had about 4,000 followers.

I was going through my mentions, they were full of "are you with him" - "are you two fuckin." - "you're using him" - "you slut" and the occasional "you two would be so cute together." It seemed like 30 new tweets a minute that I'd be getting. I couldn't take it, I shut my phone off.

"You cool?" One of the guys asked.

"Yeah, I'll manage." I ran my fingers through my hair, slouching back on the couch.

*

I couldn't tell him what people were telling me. I convinced myself he already knew but didn't care or something. He must have been getting the same comments too. I didn't bother to ask.

"Lexus!" He called my name.

"What?"

"Come here, quick." I rushed to him, hoping it wasn't an emergency. "Look what this website says." I rolled my eyes. "It says you're my new girlfriend, ain't that something." He pinched my cheek.

"Oh." I didn't know what else to say. I went back into my room to use my laptop, I had gone to the website he showed me. I typed in his name to the search bar. The first post that popped up was "has Kirk found a new boo?!" I opened it to read. Basically, it said we have been spotted together numerous times together the past six months, and they think we're a couple. Hm...

I scrolled down to see the comments:

"She's probably using him."

"She's not his type."

"She's not pretty enough for him! She's no model"

"He must be blind."

"I hope they're not together."

"Aww no! Kirk stop! No more hoes."

"Ew, she's fat!"

"She ain't even cute Kirk, smh"

I closed my laptop, wiping the tear from my eye.

"You shouldn't read those." He said, sitting down next to me on my bed. He kissed my shoulder. "They don't know you, if they did they'd say "she's the coolest bitch" or "damn she dope as fuck." " he hugged me. My head laid on his chest.

"Thank you." I managed to say. I was trying not to cry. "Imagine what they'd say if we really were a couple." He rubbed up and down my back.

"Critics are critics. Who cares what they have to say? Let them talk." He kissed my forehead. "Fuck em."