Chapter 8.❤

* Kirk's POV, 2 weeks later.*

I laid there, watching her as she slept next to me. I wanted to scoop her up and just hold her. Sounds kinda corny, but it's true.

I was thinking more about what she had said to me a few weeks back about us. I want "us", but I'm scared. Who could really blame me though? I just got out of a relationship about five months ago, and it didn't end on good terms. I wasn't ready for another commitment just yet. It's not like I don't trust Lexus, or I don't love her, that's not true at all, I really do trust & love her. I defiantly love her more than a friend, I've always loved her, since I was a kid, but even then wasn't the right time. Then, she wasn't in her right state of mind, and she had so much going on with her family that it would interfere with us. But that's beyond the point really.

Lexus had made a good point, there's no time like the present. And you really don't know unless you try. As much as I do wanna try, I'm just conflicted. I still need time.

All they've been talking about, Lexus and Ruthie, is about our potential relationship. It gets annoying after a while, it's like they don't get it.

Ruthie's last day was Thursday, four more days, before she was going back home. A part of me deep down inside wanted to back with her. I'd curl myself up into a tiny ball and hide in her suitcase. There's nothing holding me back from going home really, but I don't major reason for me to actually go home. I'm still recording my new album, and have like four more songs to do. That's at least another three weeks. Then I have photo shoots, interviews, signings, I can't just LEAVE, ya know?

I checked the time on my phone. It was almost midnight. I was about to shut off my phone, but then it vibrated. My moms was calling.

"Hey momma dukes." I smiled, getting out of bed to go talk in the other room. "Isn't it kinda late for you to be up?" She sucked her teeth.

"No it ain't too late! Just cause I'm old don't mean I can't be up late!"

"Ma I'm kidding..." I raised an eyebrow. I heard her take a deep breath.

"I called cause I need to tell you something." She sounded serious.

"Look, I really don't wanna talk about me and Lexus right now."

"What are you talking about?"

"You don't know...?"

"Maybe, I dunno. That's not important right now."

"What's wrong?" I sat down, by the tone of her voice, I could tell it wasn't good news.

"It's, um... Queeny." She spilled. "I dunno what happened, but she looked beat up real bad. She's in surgery right now, I haven't heard anything yet."

Queeny was like a second mom to me, she helped my moms raise us, since pops was no where to be found. It hit me like freight train when she told me. I could form words, I was in shock.

"Kirk? You okay?" Moms asked.

"Mhm." I hung up the phone quickly, rushing to my laptop. I bought a ticket to Houston, tomorrow night. I wasn't coming back till I knew she was okay.

"Are you okay?" I heard Lexus say, she put her hand on my shoulder. "Why are you getting a plane ticket?"

"I don't wanna talk about it." I rubbed my eyes, clicking purchase.

"Whatever Kirk." She rolled her eyes, walking back to the room.

"Why would I tell you? You wouldn't care anyways!" She turned around slowly and gave me an evil stare.

"How can you say that? You know damn well I care! If I didn't care I wouldn't have asked what was wrong asshole!" She screamed. "What's wrong with you?"

"You never liked Queeny." I mumbled.

"I didn't like her because she was mean to me, and I was like 15 the last time I seen her." She walked up to me. "Just tell me what happened." She sighed. "I didn't mean to yell." She sat on my lap, putting her arm over my shoulder.

"She's in the hospital. My moms said she looks like she got beat up bad, she's in surgery." I rubbed my hand up and down her thigh. "She better not be back with that nigga Jason. He was always beatin the shit outta her... I could tell you 100 stories about them, and ain't none of them good." I looked up at her beautiful face. "I could never do that to you." I whispered. "Never..."

"If you're going back, I'm going with you." She said seriously. "I'll buy plane tickets for momma and I, well all leave tomorrow."

"It's not that easy."

"Then we'll get the earliest tickets we can, I'm going on your behalf, I wanna go with you, and I'd really love to see your mom. See if she's alright too, I know this is probably killing her inside just as much as it's killing you." She kissed my cheek softly. "Alright?" She whispered in my ear.

"Okay." I said, trying to man up.

"It's okay to be scared." She said sweetly.

"I'm not scared.." I lied.

"Let's go lay back down, you have a long flight tomorrow." She took my hand.

"I'll be in there in a minute." I watched as she walked away to the room. My head feel into the palms of my hands. I didn't want her to see me cry.

***

* Lexus POV *

Last night neither of us got any sleep. His eyes we red, and I could tell how scared he really was. It hurt me a little to see him this way. It kinda reminded me of our childhood, but the roles were reversed. I was the one who was always emotional. I honestly wasn't use to seeing him this way.

After I took a long hot shower, I came out of the bathroom in only my towel. Kirk was packing about a weeks worth of clothes on his suitcase. He was wearing baggy pants and a muscle shirt, not his normal attire. He hasn't said more than ten words to me, or my mom, all day.

He zipped up his suitcase, and released a deep sigh. I sat at the end of the bed, just admiring him.

"It's gonna be okay." I spoke.

"No. It's not. It's not gonna be okay." He tried not to raise his voice.

"Why do you say that?"

"Lexus.. she won't wake up." He looked over at me, his eyes more red than before. "She slipped into a coma. I don't know what the fuck happened to her, but I WILL find out who did this and when I do-"

"Kirk please." I stopped him. I wrapped my arms around him tightly. I heard him let out a big cry.

"Why is it always the good ones?" He asked me.

"I don't know. I've always wondered the same thing." I kissed his shoulder. "Everything will be fine. Go be with her."