Chapter 3.❤

Have you ever though about what love is? Everyone tells me you can't put a definition on love. But as I thought about it, I think you could give it one, but it'd vary from person to person. To me, love is pain, chaos, and hard to maintain sometimes, but it's worth it. Love is worth it.

I never really been "In Love" Maybe puppy love, like a figment of the real thing, but it wasn't anything real, trust me. Kirk was in love at one point, but it didn't last long. It was mainly a comfort thing, he found someone who was able to understand his pain (back from his childhood) they had a lot in common. She was the only girl he's been with that i actually liked. They feel apart though, noting good last forever honestly. You cant expect that. 

I was scared to fall in love, i always seem to get hurt. I hated how that felt. Why would anyone wanna put their trust into anyone and then have their heart smashed into a million tiny, microscopic pieces. Not me. 

I never really admitted it, but if i were to fall in love with anyone, it would be with someone like Kirk. He was a man with emotions, and showed them at the right time. Don't get me wrong, he was still manly, he was just man enough to spark an emotional connection. Not many guys are like that.

I've know Kirk since we were seven. After a bad situation between my mother and father, my mom, Ruthie, moved near Kirk and his family. His mother and mine were very close. When things became really bad we would stay with her and the family. I was basically a part of their family. Kirk and I helped babysit his younger siblings, since his mother was struggling to do it on her own. 

Kirk's mother gave me the nickname "Angel". She said i was a gift. My childhood was rough, even after we moved to Houston. I was originally in Albuquerque, my mother was out there for college. That's where she met my father. I haven't seen him in a long time, I'm not sure if i can put a number to how long its been, but its double digits amount of years. 

**

I sat down next to Kirk on the couch, only inches apart. He was fixed on his phone, looking through his twitter feed.

"Anything interesting?" I asked. He shook his head no, but he looked frustrated. He locked his phone and put it in his pocket. "You okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. What do you wanna watch?" He picked up the remote.

"You don't sound fine." I touched his hand. He put his head in his hand, and did a deep sigh.

"I don't feel like talking about this right now." I pouted out my bottom lip at his as he looked at me out of the corner of his eye. "It's nothing I promise."

"Ugh, fine." I playfully slapped his thigh. I had a feeling it was about me, but I didn't know exactly what. My gut was telling me it had something to do with his fans, maybe they were talking shit about me, or haters talking about him. Just rude comments from ignorant people. Ignorance pissed him off the most.

As the night progressed forward, I grew bored. And I was hungry, craving Olive Garden. I was thinking dinner and a movie, but rent a movie at home, I hated movie theaters, especially crowded ones.

"I wanna go out tonight" I said, putting my arm over his shoulder. I was only and inch shorter than him, maybe two. "Dinner?" I smiled.

"I'm not feeling it tonight, I'm sorry." He slipped out from under my arm, and into his room. I followed him.

"Aw come on!"

"You can go if you want." He laid on his bed.

"By myself?! Yeah right!" I laughed. "What's wrong? Tell me." I sat down next to him on the bed. He didn't make eye contact. "Is it me?"

"No! It's not you." He looked over at me. "It's not you.."

"What is it?" He shook his head "Come on bruh, I don't like seeing you mad."

"I'm not mad. Just annoyed." I load down next to him. He was on his back, I laid on my side facing him. "Have you gotten any mean tweets?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Just wondering." He turned on his side, facing me. "I hope you don't believe anything they say."

"I don't let it bother me."

"Yeah you do, you're just trying to hide it. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want to..."

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Great answer."

"Oh come on! People talk shit, so what? It's not a big deal!"

"Yes it is!" He raised his voice. "I don't want no one talking bout you like that!" I felt so small, I didn't know what to say. "I don't know if you saw what I tweeted, but I told everyone to leave you alone, and to stay out of our business." He started to calm down. "You're beautiful, don't listen to them." He reached his hand to my face, caressing my cheek with his thumb.

"Thank you." I said sweetly, feeling like a little kid.

"I'm serious." He moved in closer to my face. "You're my best friend, I care about you. You know I got your back, I don't appreciate what they've been saying. You had my back when no one else did. And obviously they're blind, cause girl you fine!" He laughed, I felt my cheeks blush. "You look cute when you blush."

"Oh gosh." I said, slightly embarrassed. "Thanks." I bit my lip. For a moment, our eyes were locked into each others. I felt lost in his eyes, and yes, i was blushing still. "Would you be mad if i said I'm very tempted right now?" 

"nah." He chuckled. "not at all." His hand slipped from my cheek to the back of my neck, he inched closer to my face. I felt his lips touch up against mine , my eyes closed. His lips felt so soft against mine, his hand slowly slid down my side, resting on my hip. Goosebumps filled my skin. 

I was in awe, was this really just happening?