8

~Shawn's pov~
I hear footsteps and Nicole slowly opens the door, her face puffy and red from crying. She looks down immediately, hiding her face. I have a knot in my stomach. I grab her hand and she walks to her room, sitting on the bed. I sit next to her as she opens her laptop.

"352 people. 352!! How could she do this?!" Nicole bursts into tears, and I pull her into my arms. She was so small and vulnerable. I remember walking to my locker, Nicole's next to mine. She was always silent, and shy, but she was beautiful. From freshmen year, I always had my eye on her. Now we were seniors, and I didn't know her well, but I wanted too. All I wanted was to make her smile, like yesterday. My friends would tease me and laugh about liking the "school peasant", but in my eyes, she just needed someone to make her happy. And I wanted it to be me.
---------------------------------------------
~Nicole's pov~
In his arms, I felt safe, something I've never felt with anyone. I quickly wipe my eyes, trying not to be a complete crybaby in front of Shawn.

"Hey, it's okay. Don't hide your feelings, get them all out. It's just me," Shawn smiles sadly and runs his fingers through my hair, soothing me.

"Th-thank you, Sha-Shawn," I try to say in between my tears. I wrap my arms around him and hold on tight. He made me feel like everything was going to be okay. I feel his grip tighten and he kisses my forehead.

"Everything is going to be fine, ok? Yes, right now it's crazy, but next week they'll all be obsessing over something new. Just push through it, trust me. I'll be there for you the whole time."

"Really?" I whisper.

"Really. I promise, you'll never be alone."