"Want to go shopping to take your mind off of things? I need to tell you something anyway"

"Ooo, tell me tell me" She pleaded childishly.

"I will in person, so is that a yes to shopping?"

"Yes, pick me up in half an hour"

I nodded even though she couldn't see me. "Okay, see you hun"

Quickly changing into a new top, I rushed downstairs, bag in hand and to my car. Beth and Ryan had a flat a few miles away. Gone were the days where we all lived within walking distance of each other.

When I arrived I sent her a quick text, telling her I was waiting. It didn't take long before she was skipping towards the car.

"Hey" I said as she shut the door.

"Hi, you okay?" I nodded and then we drove off. The radio was playing and we both started singing and dancing out. Adults we may be, but we're still kids at heart.

We did a bit of shopping and then went to sit down for a cake.

"So, whats up with you and Ryan?"

"Nothings up, its just his coach is dragging him out nearly everyday to practice" She sighed. "I mean I hardly ever get to see him"

I rubbed her hand comfortingly. "You still love him right?"

She nodded eagerly. "Of course, more than anything. I would never leave him. I just wish he was around more. We need to set a date as well"

I nodded. "Well, whenever it is, I'll be there" I gave her a wink and she chuckled.

"Thank you"

After we'd done a bit more gossiping, we did some more shopping. I still hadn't told her though.

But I had the perfect way.

I took her into a department store and made my way up to the baby section.

She didn't seem to notice where we were headed due to the fact she was on her phone.

I walked round, leaving her to her own devices.

Then I found the cutest pair of baby shoes. I smiled to myself.

"Beth!" I called. "Come here"

She made her way over, bumping into a couple of shelves and racks on her way.

"Yeah?"

"What do you think of these?" I asked, holding up the box labelled, 'Baby's First Shoes'.

She looked up and frowned. "You don't know anyone that they'll fit though"

"I do now" I said just loud enough for her to hear, and I put my hand over my belly, smiling to myself.

She looked at me, then at her phone. Then back at me, then the boots, then back to me.

"Wait, what?"

"I'm pregnant Beth" I said softly.

Her eyes widened but a smile took over her face. "Oh my god! Congratulations Jess, I'm so happy for you" She put her phone away and then engulfed me in a hug. I hugged her back as she started squealing and giggling. "I can't believe it, my best friend is pregnant. I'm over the moon for you Jess"

I giggled. "Thank you"

"Does Jack know?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm going to tell him when he gets home"

"Let me know what he says, okay?"

"Okay"

I bought the baby shoes. They were cream with pale blue, pink and lemon spots on them.