Chapter 49: Finally Becoming A Reality

"Soooo how did things go with you and Aiden?" Izzy teased.

Immediately Harriet blushed a bright shade of red. This giving us all the evidence we need to confirm that something happened between the two of them.

"Nothing" and there's the playing dumb.

"Are you sure?" I asked with a smirk.

"I have no idea what you're talking about" and there's the denial.

"Really because the flaming red blush on your face disagrees" Beth said with a knowing smirk.

Harriet looked down at her feet as we walked along the pavement.

"Uumm" she said quietly.

"I knew it! Something did happen!" I cried.

She blushed again.

"Come on H, we won't make fun or anything. Spill the beans" Izzy giggled.

Harriet sighed playfully. "Okay finee. Well umm. When I went to the toilet, before I got there a hand dragged me off course and to a corner" this earned a series of 'oooooohhhhhsss' from the 3 of us. "And then I felt a pair of lips on mine. I was going to push away but then after he gave me a brief hug earlier I recognised his aftershave and so I started to kiss him back"

Once again this earned another series of 'oooooohhhhhsss' from us.

"Next thing I know he pulls away and winks at me. I like stood there in shock and then laughed at me. He actually laughed at me"

The 3 of us looked between each other and frowned. How did it go from being nice and lovely to a bit mean.

"But then he kissed my forehead. And I just froze and blushed and then he was like, 'can I get your number?' And I was like sure. So then I gave him my number and then he left with a wink and then I went straight to the toilet and back to you guys"

Aiden seemed to have redeemed himself so we all 'awww'd' at the story.

"So what happened then?" Izzy asked enthusiastically.

"Well umm" she looked down at her feet again. "We've been texting all week and the other day he asked to meet up, so we did. And then when we got there he umm... he asked me out"

We all squealed causing Harriet to clutch her chest in panic.

"What did you say? What did you say?" I squealed excitedly.

"Yes" she said quietly.

The three of us screamed, earning a few weird looks from onlookers in the street we were in.

"Oh my god H I'm so happy for you!"

"Yeah me too"

"Same here" we all said.

"Thank you" she mumbled, getting all shy all of a sudden.

"Gosh this is so exciting" Izzy smiled happily.

We walked the rest of the way to our destination, gushing about Aiden and Harriet's budding new relationship.

Although, it saddened me to think that I was the only single one left.

I mean there's absolutely nothing wrong with being single. Nothing at all. It just makes me feel a little left out.

I mean, Izzy was saying how her and Danny had been on the cutest date the other day.

Beth was talking about how Ryan said the sweetest thing last night.

Now Harriet had gotten herself a new boyfriend.