Chapter 16

So when I get home I take a shower and put on normal clothes. I took out my phone and texted Chloe "IT'S RAINING"

And she replies "I know see you there"

I then make a group chat with me, Austin, Jake, and Chase. I message "So what time do the freshmen get"

Jake replies with "10"

I message back "How long do you guys stay? I've never been to one before"

Jake messages "we usually stay until 12 then the juniors kicks everyone out"

Austin texts "yeah the sophomores have 11 and they let all of us stay"

I realize that it goes in grade order and the seniors probably have 1:00am.

I text "oh ok so do you guys wanna do something before then"

It is around seven o'clock, so I am thinking about what we can do.

Jake texts "sure like what"

"Well get ahold of Chase and let's all ride our bikes to the ice cream shop in town" I text back.

Austin replies "great we will ride to your house and then we'll go"

"Great I live on 18 Jax Dr see you then" I reply ending the conversation.

I go outside in the front and sit on my front steps for a few moments then get up and go to my garage. I pull out my pink beach bike and put it in the middle of my driveway. I then pull out a big blue mat and start dragging it to the middle of my lawn.

I hear a door open and look straight ahead to Cameron's door. All I'm thinking right now is oh great here he comes.

But I see a little girl run out. She is adorable and blonde. I notice that she is wearing a Bulldogs basketball jersey like fifty sizes too big. She looks maybe 7. It takes a second to click in my mind that Cameron has a little sister.

I then remember seeing her at the game screaming Cameron's name the whole time and him winking at her. That all made sense to me now.

She runs out laughing and giggling full of joy as if someone is chasing her. I look away trying not to stare in case she looks this way. I hear someone yell from inside "I'm gonna get you Brookie!"

She giggles and hides behind the tree on their front lawn. Cameron then runs out of his house shirtless and looks for her.

I look away and continue dragging the big cheer mat to the middle of my lawn. I look up for a second to see what was happening. The little girl pops out from behind the tree and yells "BOO!"

She tries to run past Cameron but he picks her up and puts her over his shoulder and spins in a circle. She laughs and looks like she is enjoying herself.

I finally get the mat where I want it and I go to the end of it and throw a back hand spring.

I look straight ahead noticing Cameron and his sister looking at me. I don't look straight at them because I don't want to stare at them.

~Cameron's POV~

So I'm chasing Brookie around and finally get her. I get a little dizzy from spinning her and I'm trying to get my eyes to go back to normal. I put Brooke down and I then see Sophie in her front yard. She's doing some flips or something and I try not to stare.

Then of course Brooke yells out "WOAH!" After Sophia does a back flip. She starts walking towards Sophie's lawn. I grab her hand and say "Brooke come on let's go inside."

She looks up at me showing me she really doesn't want to with her eyes. I grab my jersey off of her and put it on. I didn't want to do anything stupid in front of her.

I pick her up and say "come on let's go on the trampoline in the backyard." I start walking to my back gate giving a little glance over at Sophie. We make eye contact and I continue walking.

~Sophia's POV~

I see Austin and Jake riding skateboards down my street so I ring my door bell twice to signal to my dad that I'm leaving. I get on my bike and ride to the end of my driveway to where they stopped.

"Where's Chase?" I ask.

Jake says "He couldn't come. He had to finish a project or something."

I say "Oh ok." And we are off.

I couldn't stop thinking about Cameron and how sweet he is to his sister. When I was watching them I totally forgot about what he did to Scott.

But now I'm remembering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note- Hope you guys liked the chapter. Please comment if have any thoughts or ideas of what should happen next. Please vote so I know you liked it.

Did you guys like the part I did in Cameron's point of view?