Or an overprotective, highly paid bodyguard.

He stepped between Billy and me.

“So you’re the bodyguard? Nice to meet you, I’m Billy,” Billy said politely, holding his hand out to Blake for shaking. Macey was looking at Blake. Apparently, she’s checking him out. What a pervert! I, on the other hand, burst out laughing at the mention of bodyguard while Blake was clenching his hands into fists. He looked at me over his shoulder with an angry expression. His jaw tightened as he was gritting his teeth.

Uh-oh. This ain’t good.

I immediately stopped laughing and faked a cough which made Macey snort. I glanced at Billy who was still holding his hand out to Blake, looking innocent. He always looked innocent with his baby blues. And I guess that’s what girls dig.

I gripped the back of Blake’s shirt to pull him to me but he stood his ground. And besides, I’m not a superhuman to have done that. Do you even know how tall this guy was and how built his body was? Well, he’s not that overly muscled dude like bouncers in bars but he’s got muscles.

“I’m actually the boyfriend. And you’re still the ex. So if you don’t mind, you BACK THE FUCK OFF.”

I gasped in shock with Blake’s reaction. Maybe he really was serious in the whole I’ll-break-that-asshole’s-neck thing. He’s taking this way too overboard. Macey whistled and stepped closer to Billy, putting her hand on his shoulder. She was whispering something.

Then, chuckles escaped from Macey’s and Billy's mouth, which, to my opinion, will make the situation worse. I guess I was wrong in saying they will like each other. I let go of Blake's shirt and gripped his arm instead, squeezing it. He put his free hand on top of mine and pushed it away. Macey and Billy continued laughing their asses off. I had the urge to laugh but I had to fight it.

I fought it hard.

"Eh gago ka pala eh!"

Blake was about to punch Billy but I stepped in between them, effectively stopping him. His fist was half an inch from my glasses. My eyes grew wider as I breathe heavily. For a moment there, I thought I was catching Blake's giant fist right in my face. I looked over his white knuckles and sighed in relief. He was as shocked as I was. If he had punched me, I'm never going talk to him again. I stepped back and pushed Blake's fist down. I still have not recovered from the shock as I was still breathing heavily, blowing big breaths in between.

That was close.

"What did he say to me?" Billy whispered curiously. I glanced at him out the corner of my eyes and raised my eyebrow. Wow, he could've asked if I'm okay. Prick!

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine, Rivers. Thanks for asking.” I snarled sarcastically before turning back to Blake. He moved forward and put his hands on my shoulders, slightly shaking me; his eyes still wide. "Are you ok? Sorry. Sorry.”

I nodded and puffed my cheeks. I elbowed his arms so his hands weren’t pushing my shoulders down. I tiptoed so we’re almost face to face. Almost, ‘cause you know, he’s a mile taller than me. Although I am not that short.

I smirked at him and spoke quietly and slowly. Dragging every word. “Youuuuu areeee overbooooard.” I came closer before adding…  

“…and I like that.”

He smiled at me and bent his head that our noses were almost touching. I raised an eyebrow as he wrapped his arms around my waist, gripping the back of my shirt. He was smirking at me while looking intently in my eyes. I placed my hands on his shoulder and right then, Billy spoke.