•Chapter 1•

Three years later.....

"Order up!" I walked over to the counter to collect the meal to serve it to the customer. Balancing the dish on one hand and holding the drink in the other I asked Crystal," Which table?"

"Table 9," Crystal said tying her blonde long hair into a ponytail. I hastily walked over to the table and rested the drink and food on the table. "Sorry about that," I said," Your last waitress just went on a break."

"It's okay," That voice. Quickly placing the food, I pulled back my hands quickly and stared at him. Angelo?

  I looked at the muscular dark beige skin colored man. His black short hair grew longer from last I saw him. His hair now gelled back neatly and he had slight facial hair covering his face. As I stared at him in disbelief, he looked at me and smiled.

Angelo Roberto. Lorenzo's brother and right hand man. Angelo was different from Lorenzo. While Lorenzo was stony-faced and always serious, Angelo was the life of the party. Angelo always treated me like his sister. We had that brotherly and sisterly bond that couldn't have been broken. Angelo was the only person who knew about my escape. I told him about it and he supported me. I was expecting a No stay here but he nodded his head and gave me a last hug. I never saw him again until now.

"Mia sorella," Angelo opened his arms and I dove into them. Mia sorella means my sister in Italian. He gave me that name when we clicked together. He always called me that or just sorella.

"Mio fratello," I whispered. My brother in Italian. Right then I couldn't care who looked at us. I just hugged Angelo for what seemed like forever. Then something slipped into my mind. Lorenzo. Untangling myself and stepping back, I looked into Angelo's stormy grey eyes," Is he here?"

Angelo shook his head," Just me." He placed his lips into a thin line," But he's looking for you. I've been covering for you since you left you know."

"Covering for me?" I lifted an eyebrow.

"Si," he bobbed his head," Three years has past. Don't you think he would have found you by now?" When I didn't answer, he continued," Every place he believed you went, I led him off. I even sent him to Japan looking for you."

"Why are you here?" I asked looking at the ground.

"I had a new shipment come in yesterday and I decided to check up on mia sorella while I have the chance to," he smiled as he finished.

" We have lots to catch up on fratello," I smiled back," I'm going to take the rest of the day off and we can go back to my apartment yes?" I mimicked his Italian accent and smiled even wider at him. He nodded and start eating while I went to the back into my boss' office.

Knocking on his door," Come in" I opened the door and walked in. I looked at my overweight boss doing some paperwork. He was just entering his fifties. He pushed up his glasses on his nose and looked at me through squinted eyes. "Brianne, how can I help you?" He said as he smiled slightly.

"Can I have the rest of the day off? Somebody close to me is in town and-"

"Go ahead," he gave me quick toothy smile. I stared at him and he stared right back," Hurry up before I change my mind Bri. You work too hard and you deserve this day off."

"Thank you!" I exclaimed and almost ran out the office. I grabbed my bag from the locker room and walked over to Angelo. I looked at him and his empty plate. It has even been five minutes and he's finished eating. "You always had a big mouth," I laughed," Things never do change, do they?"

"A lot of things changed since you've left though," His face was unreadable. By that face, I knew we had a lot of catching up to do. "C'mon," he got up and we exited the diner. "Still have that Ferrari?" I asked

"You bet," he looked at me and smiled. We walked over to his red Ferrari and got in. I buckled up and soon we were driving through Manhattan streets to my apartment. It didn't take long until we arrived at my apartment. Angelo parked and we walked up to the front door. I shuffled through my bag, trying to get my keys.

After unlocking the door, Angelo gave the surrounding a scan before entering. He closed the door and stepped into the living room. "I'll be right back," I looked at him as he looked around. He looked at me and nodded.

I quickly walked up the stairs to my room. I took a fast bathe and changed into a flannel shirt and jeans shorts, slipping a pair of flip flops on. Tying my hair up in a loose bun, I descended the stairs and into the kitchen.

I decreased my pace as I heard Angelo speaking to someone on the phone. I couldn't quite make out what he was saying but I listened, pressing my ear against the wall. "Si I have location on her," he murmured. I held in a gasp as he continued," I'll try to get her back but if she refuses, I'm not forcing her Renzo."

He was talking to Lorenzo? He only calls him Renzo anyways. He wanted me back and he sent Angelo to get me. Lorenzo could be here in Manhattan and I don't know. Hell he could even be in front my door waiting for me to refuse Angelo so he can burst in and take me himself.

I stepped into the kitchen," Put him on loud speaker." Almost jumping out of his shoes, Angelo complied and put the call on loud speaker.

"Where is she Angelo?" His voice spoke through the phone. I tightly closed my eyes shut. My heart fluttered as he and Angelo spoke as if I wasn't even there. Angelo refused to tell him the location.

"Cazzo. Dimmi!" *Fuck. Tell me.* Lorenzo shouted through the phone. I didn't know if I should be scared or happy that he's trying to find me. Ever since I've left, there was a hole in my heart that only Lorenzo could've filled. Sure maybe I had one or two boyfriends but then I was thought they could've filled the hole only Lorenzo could've.

"Renzo, I must go now. I will call later," With that Angelo hung up the call before Lorenzo could've replied. After placing his phone into his pocket, he looked at me with pleading eyes.

Well this is going to take a while.