Vortex Aftermath

((Okay so for the ones who didn't read the chapter before due to the trigger warning, I gotchu, so you went to a vortex party and danced with Nathan until he had to take care of some unknown business. You were alone until you seen Kate. She was so out of it and wasted, you were going to help her back to her dorm, but Nathan said he'd take her to the hospital and you trusted him. He left with Kate. You were spotted by Evan. He offered you a beverage and he drugged you through a drink. You were unaware he drugged you until he took you back to your dorm where he almost took advantage of you, but then Mr. Jefferson hear you scream and busted in your dorm before Evan could do anything, Nathan came in shortly after Jefferson kicked Evan out of Blackwell. Nathan thought Jefferson did that to you and was about to kick his ass, but Jefferson said A Blackwell student did it [without mentioning names due to the fact Nathan would want his head] Once Jefferson left, you asked Nathan to stay because you were frightened. He did, you guys fell asleep and when you awoke he was gone. He did leave you a text message saying not to trust Jefferson, he's only trying to gain your trust, only to hurt you. You thought nothing of it, due to the fact that Jefferson saved you, not him))

*[...] Max's POV

✖Please read the comments! Important details will be there!✖

I decided to take the day off from school, due to the scary events that took place yesterday. I needed a break from everything, so I decided to go to a park, close to the girls dorms. It took a few minutes to walk there but it was a much needed walk. And by the park, there was a small creek, lilly pads and cat tails in the beautiful blue water. A monarch butterfly landed on a cats tail and the sun beat down on that spot, leaving a perfect photo opportunity. I took out my camera and zoomed in on the butterfly, just focusing the butterfly and the light shining on it, blurring out the background. I took a picture, then suddenly I was grabbed from behind. I freaked out, I turned around about to punch them when I saw it was Nathan. "You scared the shit out of me! And aren't you suppose to be in class?!" I yelled.

"Someones got a potty mouth n yeah but I seen you and I couldn't resist following you." He smiled.

"Look who's talking." I say sarcastically, ignoring the other half of the sentence.

He laughed, "I know. Anyway, did you just take a picture? May I see it?"

I handed him the picture I took with my Polaroid. He studied it for a long while, before speaking. "Thats beautiful." He looked as if he had an idea. "I'm gonna take the same picture but my version." He broke some of the cat tails from the creek and threw them in the water. He grabbed the butterfly and tore a wing off, putting it on a lower cattail then the butterfly on a higher cattail. He took the same picture but his picture looked like the butterfly lost it's wing, flying.

I compared our pictures. "Its like opposites. One fighting for survival and the other, looks peaceful. Its beautiful.." I saw Nathan, out of the corner of my eye, looking at me and smiling.

Then he frowned. "Hey (Y/N).."

"Yes?" I said still admiring the photos, with a smile.

"Will you tell me what happened yesterday?"

My smile fell fast. "No."

"Why the hell not?" He got angry. "Do you not trust me?!"

"I trust you, but I don't trust what you'd do to them."

"Why they hurt you?!"

"Because I refuse to have you in trouble because of your temper."

"FINE, then tell me what happened."

"Well," I proceed to tell him everything that happened leaving out their name. He look angry. No Infuriated but he tamed it and hugged me. He grabbed my hand and apologized for not protecting me. I smiled and said it was okay.