➳ Chapter 14 - Long distnace or goodbye

"This place is so busy" Zach said as we walked into the safe building.

"Everyone who came to the park is in here" Claire answered.

"Uh, Zach I have to go find Katie" I smiled at him.

"Oh yeah, come straight back when you find her okay"

He kissed me on the cheek and I went looking for her.

There were people everywhere. Kids crying, mothers holding their children.
All this happened because one dinosaur escaped.

I scanned everywhere to see if I could find Katie but she was nowhere to be seen. Panic started to drown me. What if she never got here?

"Young lady, would you like some water?" I turned around and saw a little man offering me water.

"No thanks" I turned back around.

"Take it" The man shoved it in my hands.

"Hey! I said I didn't want it" My voice started to raise.

"Charlie! Is that you?" Someone shouted.

I could recognise that voice anywhere. I turned around and a smile grew on my face.

"Katie!" I ran up to her and hugged her.

"I knew it was you because your voice was getting louder" she laughed into the hug.

"Haha, funny. The man was asking for it" I let go of the hug.

"Where the hell did you go? I was waiting for you at those hamster ball things but you never came back!"

"Sorry, we kinda went on adventure"

"Who's we?" She looked at me.

"Zach and Gray" I smiled talking about Zach "Him" I pointed at Zach who was sitting down.

"Who the hell is that?" She asked.

"Oh, just some guy" I smirked at her "come on let's go back"

"You mean to say that you were having a date when a maniac dinosaur was running around?"

I couldn't help but laugh.

"Yes Katie, I was on a date" I said sarcastically.
We walked over to Zach and I sat down next to him.

"I'm back" I gave him a smile.

"This Katie?" He asked.

"Yep" He smiled at her.

"You guys need sleep" Claire said to us.

"How are we suppose to sleep here?" I asked.

"You can lean against me if you want" Zach offered.

I smiled and put my head on his shoulder. My eyes started to close and I drifted off to sleep.
*
*
*
I was awoken by the shouts of people and the sunshine shining in.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up. Katie was still asleep on the floor and Zach was wide awake.

"Morning Charl" He smiled.

I looked around at people. People were getting up and leaving through the doors .

"People are leaving?" I asked.

"No, they are looking for family. People came on boats here" Zach answered.

I looked over at Gray who was asleep on Claire's lap.

"He looks adorable when he sleeps" I said to Zach.

"So do you" he smirked.

"Shut up" I playfully hit him.

"Hey! Your parents are here!" Claire shouted waking Gray up.

I looked over and a couple came over and gave Gray and Zach a hug. Zach looked just like his father, they had the same hair.

I kicked Katie to try and wake her up.

"Ow!" She said rubbing her side.

"I didn't hit you that hard did I?" I smiled.

"This is Charlie" Zach pulled me up and I was standing in front of his parents.

"Hi" I smiled. This was awkward.

"She saved our lives" Claire butted in "she's a great girl, Zach's lucky"

She winked at me and walked off with Owen. I could feel my cheeks warming up.

"It's very nice to meet you Charlie. I hope Claire is right" Zach's mom winked at me and smiled. Zach pulled me over.

"I need to speak with you" we walked over until it was just us two.

"What's up?" I asked.

"What's going to happen with us?" He asked.

A cloud of sadness washed over me as soon as the words came out. I knew we would have to leave I just never thought about it.

"I don't want what we have to end" Zach grabbed my hands into his.

"I don't want it to either" I looked at him.

"We could always try long distance" Zach suggested.

"We could, but long distance never lasts" I looked down.

"I finish school soon, so do you. We can visit each other then" He smiled at me. "You never know, there could be another Jurassic World and we both just happen to come on the same day" He smirked at me.

"Oh, how lovely that would be" I smiled up at him.

"So, what you say? Wanna give it a go?" Zach asked.

"I would never say no" I kissed his lips not wanting this moment to end.

"I love you Charlie"

"I love you too Zach" he hugged me tight. I'm gonna make sure this will work.

The end