➳ Chapter 12 - Protected by the raptors

Owen whistled and Blue jumped. That's all I saw before I found myself running for shelter.

I looked behind at the wrong moment. Blue got flung across and hit a wall. She lay there limp. I tried to turn back but my eyes were glued.

Zach knocked me out of my gaze.

"Charlie! Look at me! " I looked at him.
My eyes were stinging from holding the tears in "You have to calm down Charlie" He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"We are going to be safe okay" He pulled me into a little shed and we all sat down.

I heared a few gunshots here and there. Must've been Owen. I sat there leaning against Zach trying to control my breathing. Beside me I could see Gray counting to himself. What the hell is he counting now?

"We need more" Gray said.

"More what?" Claire asked him

"We need more teeth" I saw Claire's face light up as she grabbed a flare and jumped over the desk.

"You can't run in heels!" I shouted at Claire.

"I can. Trust me Charlie"

"Let me do it. What ever it is you have planed" I took the flare off her.

"No! I'm not putting you in danger" she grabbed the flare back off me and started running.

She was crazier than me. Running in those heels is more dangerous than running away from the Indominus.

"Where's Owen?" I asked panicking as I turned towards Zach.

"I have no idea-"

We all stopped talking when we heard a shout.

"Charlie! Zach! Help me!" It was Owen.

I leaped over and saw the gun was sliding away from him.

The Indominus Rex was still getting attacked by the raptors giving me a chance to save Owen.

I ran over to Owen, who's foot was stuck under a piece of wood.

"How did this happen?" I asked him trying to budge the piece of wood off his leg.

"Just get it off!" He shouted at me.

I tightened my grip on the wood heaving. The wood finally moved and Owen shot up.

"Come on!" He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the shelter where Zach had his arm around Gray.

"Where's Claire?" Owen looked around frantically looking for her.

"She went to get more teeth" Gray spoke up

"What do you mean more-"

We all shot our heads around as the Indominus pushed her claw through the shop window.

Owen pulled me to the floor and up against the wall.

She stretched out trying to grab any of us.
Whimpers left my mouth as she was centimetres from me.
Come on Claire. Come on.

"Shh, don't cry" I heard Zach's soft voice beside me.

I shut my eyes closed and controlled my breathing.

"Claire needs to get here now!" Owen's voice raising a little bit.

"Yeah no shit!" I shouted at him.
Did I just really use sacarsm at this time?

"Oh my god-" Owen stood up a little bit eyes glued on something "she's incredible"

I stood up wrapping my little hand around Zach's arm as I stood behind Owen.

Claire was running with a lighted flare in her hand, with the beautiful beast behind her.

"Are we gonna be safe?" Gray's worried voice asked.

"I think we are sweetie" I answered him. My eyes glued on the T-Rex that came bashing through the bones of a statue.

"I think Claire just saved us all"