➳ Chapter 7 - The lab

Owen was driving like a mad man. I didn't even know where we were going.

"What's going on?" I asked curious to know.

"We need to get to the raptors quick. Before Hoskins does anything he regrets" Owen answered me back.

"Owen, I think you need to calm down" Claire said.

"I know, its just they are my raptors ya know"

"I know" Claire said.
*
*
*
We arrived at the raptor enclosure.

"Is this where the raptors are?" I asked Owen

"Yeah. Now time to sort them out" Owen got out of the car and walked over to the enclosure. He went straight up to a man with gray hair. He pulled his hand back and punched the man right in the face

"Wooah" Zach and Gray said at the same time. I opened the door and walked over.

"Who the hell is this?" The man asked

"This is Charlotte, Charlotte this is Hoskins" I glared at him. From what I've heard he wasn't very nice.

"So about the raptors Owen, there's no choice but to use them unless you want that Indominus Rex to stay out there" Hoskins spat.

"Shut up man, I'll do what I want. You don't touch my raptors" Owen snapped back.

"Well Owen, we will do it with or without you" Hoskins turned around and walked off leaving Owen angry. I didn't like this Hoskins guy at all. He irritated me. I went back to the car and sat back in.

"What's going on?" Gray asked.

"Just some talk about using raptors" I sat there and put my head against the window. There is such a big chance that I could die today. My life is so close to being over. Claire and Owen got in the car.

"We are going to go to the lab and see if we can get them to tell us what this Indominus Rex is made from" Owen said starting the car.

"What about the raptors?" I asked.

"They aren't going to release them for another hour or so. So we have enough time to try and stop him" He drove off leaving me to my thoughts. Where is Katie? I really need to find her. She's probably looking for me.

"Are you okay?" Zach asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just a little tired" I gave him a weak smile and turned back to the window.
*
*
*
Owen pulled up outside the lab but all the lights were off.

"Is anyone in there?" Gray asked

"There must be. Claire you have the key to it right?" Owen asked.

"No I don't but Hoskins does. We can take it off him" Claire answered.

"But that's all the way back there" Zach answered "why don't we just break in?"

"No Zach! Don't be stupid!" Claire screeched.

"We'll just have to come back" I went over to the door just to see if it was open. I shook the handle but nothing. Behind me I could hear the crunch of leaves and trees moving. I slowly turned my head and couldn't get any words out.

"IN-INDOMINUS REX!" I screamed warning the others. They all turned around as quickly as possible. The Indominus was running out of the trees and heading straight for us.

"Get to the car!" Owen shouted but before we could get there she knocked the car over leaving it on its back.

We have to run there's no choice. I turned and started running. I had no idea if anyone was behind me. I ran into the woods hoping the Indominus Rex wasn't following me.
I ran not looking back.

I started to slow down and catch my breath back. I turned around and no one was there. We split up. Fear struck me. I was on my own. What if the Indominus Rex followed me and not them or followed them and not me? I heared a little growl coming from behind me. I took a big gulp and turned around. I spoke too soon.

I was now facing the Indominus Rex. I've never seen her properly until now.
Her white scales making her stand out. How come I could never see her before? She stood up roaring as if she was the queen. A high pitched scream left my mouth as I started to run away. Back to the lab hoping they were all there. I ran not looking back.

I heared the horn of what sounded like a car. I was close to them. I ran out of the woods and saw Owen on a motor cycle.

"RUN CHARLIE!" Owen shouted. He held a gun in his hand and started shooting the Indominus Rex. I felt like was going to fall flat on the floor. Now's not the time to fall.
I was too tired to carry on. I fell into the motorcycle and Owen quickly drove off. He was speeding up trying to loose the Indominus Rex who was right behind us.

"Where's everyone else?" I shouted over the sound of the motor cycle.

"We found another car but Zach insisted on staying and help you but we both knew he wouldn't make it! But you are a brave girl Charlie!" Owen shouted. This made me smile a little inside knowing that the Owen Grady thinks I'm brave and Zach wanted to save me. I looked behind us and the Indominus Rex couldn't be seen.

"I think we lost her!" I shouted to Owen

"I think we did kid"