➳ Chapter 9 - They're communicating

Claire took me, Zach and Gray over to a van. She opened the doors at the back and looked in.

"You'll be safe in here" She looked at us.

"Get in then" I went up first and took a seat on the left side. Zach and Gray came up and sat at the back of the van. Claire stood by the door.

"Okay, put your seatbelts on" We all looked around trying to find seatbelts but there were none. We all fell silent and looked at Claire.

"Okay, hold hands then" She shut the door leaving silence all around us. I looked at Gray who was holding his hand out for Zach to grab. Zach just sat there.

"Take his hand" I said to Zach.

"No, he's not a baby" Zach answered back.

"I don't care. He's scared and you're his brother you are supposed to be there for him" He huffed and took Gray's hand. I saw a little smile creep up on Gray's face and he mouthed the words "Thank you" to me. I smiled back and leant against the van.

"What do you think is going to happen?" Zach asked filling in the silence.

"Not sure. I hope using the raptors work" I said.

"They are pack animals, I'm sure they will" Gray said. It all fell silent when we heard the sound of motorcycles. We opened the hatch to where Claire was sitting in the front.

"What's going on?" Zach asked

"They are about to go" We all looked at the little screen that Claire was holding.

"Is that the camera on the raptors?" I asked.

"Yeah, on this screen we can see everything the raptors see" She smiled. We heared the sound of the raptors running and the motorcycles and cars moving.

"They're gone" Zach said.

"Let's just keep watch on the camera" We all turned back to the little TV Claire was holding hoping everything was going too run smoothly.

We heard the sound of the raptors feet hitting the floor on the camera. We could hear the trees rustling.

"They're slowing down" Gray pointed out

"Shh, why might be able to hear Owen speaking" Zach said. My eyes were glued to the screen as I watched the raptors try and look for something. The Indominus Rex came creeping out of the woods.

"There she is" Gray whispered

"Let's hope this works" I whispered back. The raptors started communicating to one another.

"Why isn't anything happening?" Zach asked

"Something's wrong" We heared Barry say on the TV "they're communicating"

"Now I know why they didn't tell us what that thing is made from" Owen said.

"Why?" Barry asked.

"Because that thing's part Raptor" My heart stopped for a second. There's no way we can kill this Indominus Rex. The raptors started to turn around and slowly walked towards Owen and the rest. All of a sudden guns were fired and Claire shot her head around.

"No! You are not watching this" She closed the door.

"Awh! Come on!" Zach shouted. He sat down. I sat there staring at the wall. My world was crashing down. They were all going to die. How were we suppose to just sit here and do nothing? I stood up and headed to the door but before I could do anything Zach was in front of me.

"Whoah! Where are you going? And why are you crying?" I'm crying? I wiped my eyes and my finger were wet. I'm so worried I didn't even notice I was crying.

"We can't just sit here and do nothing! They are all going to die out there! And soon it's going to be us!" I pleaded.

"No! Don't think like that" Zach shouted back. Claire opened the door.

"What's going on back there?" Claire asked

"We can't stay here! I'm going out there!" I shouted.

"No! Don't you dare! You stay right there!" She pointed at the seat. All of a sudden Claire screamed. A bloody hand bashed against the window, leaving a trail of blood. The doors to the van flung open and a man was half dead.

"Get out! Go before they come!" He shouted. Behind him I could see Echo running towards him.

"Behind you!" I shouted but it was too late. The raptor jumped on the man dragging him to the ground. We all stared screaming. The man just died in front of us.

"GO GO GO!" Zach shouted at Claire. She drove off leaving the back doors flung open. Leaving the road clear enough for us to see. And for anything to see us.