Chapter 21

His lips reached mine and I snapped back to reality. I pulled away and, I don't totally regret what I did next, slapped him right across his face.

My eyes were wide, so were Kendall's, but he was holding the side of his face. Before anything could happen I ran straight past Kendall and jumped into the slide, sliding around to the bottom. I jumped over the bottom edge and ran as fast I could, startling and getting glares from many people. Kendall called my name from behind me but I ignored him. I dove in between an ice cream stand and the balloon dart booth.

I held up against the wall as Kendall ran past. I looked to my right and saw the parking lot. I jumped the gate and found my way to the car. I rested my head up against it. How could I do that? The moment he started to lean I should've pulled away. Not when his lips reached mine.

I was a horrible girlfriend. I was a forked up girl.

I let out a scream, earning some weird look from people. I sat down and pulled my knees to my chest. I started crying. What is wrong with me? 

"Carter?" A hesitant voice said. I looked up with a glare.

"You knew I was dating Logan. Why would you do that to him?!" I cried, standing up.

"I- I don't know." He said, scratching the back of his neck.

"How do you kiss your best friend's girlfriend and not know why?" I yelled, throwing my hands in the air.

"B-because I- I - okay you know what? I- I love you." He stuttered out my eyes went wide.

"How can you love your best friends girlfriend?!" I yelled, walking up to him.

"I'm sorry. It's like we have a connection."

"Well we DON'T! And we never will! You're a-a BACKSTABBING, LYING, CHEATING, AS-" I seethed but was cut off when everyone else walked up.

"What's going on?" Logan asked, looking between us. They all had confused looks on thee faces.

"Ask your best friend." I growled, glaring at Kendall.

"What'd you do, dude?" Logan asked again. James, Carlos, and Halston stood back watching.

"I- Carter kissed me!" Kendall blurted. I turned towards him.

"You KISSED him!?" Logan yelled at me.

"WHAT?! You kissed me!" I fought back, directing it at Kendall.

"And you didn't stop me at first, did you?" He remarked. He had me there.

"Y-yeah but I didn't know you were going to kiss me! How did I not know you weren't getting a bug out of my hair?!" I protested.

"Because I held your face!"

"I can't react that fast! And you deserved that slap, you idiot!"

"Shut up you b-" I interrupted Kendall with another slap across the face.

"I'm walking home! No one follow me!" I snapped, turning around.

"Carter wait! KENDALL STAY! CARTER!!" I heard Logan yell from behind me but the wind drowned him out. I ran out of the parking lot and down the side of the street. The wind whipped my face, blowing my hair behind me. I slowed down to a jog, then started walking. I kept checking behind me for the car or anyone but no one showed.

I was screwed up. My life was screwed up. But I was angry. I don't know if it was at Logan for hanging out with Demi, Kendall for kissing me, or me for pulling away at the last second. My mind swirled around, giving me a headache. Deep down I knew the reason I ran. I was angry at myself. I was afraid of what would happen. I ran, just like I always did.