Chapter 13- Another One Bites The Dust

Fear. Fear is a useful emotion. Aria always reminded herself of that when that dreadful feeling wormed its way through her being. Aria held her breath as she made her way to the door. Then she paused. She didn't have to tell her father about Henri. He could just pretend to be staying at the inn. She turned and looked into his deep green eyes. "I have an idea," she exclaimed. "You pretend to be coming to visit David."

Henri's facial expression hardened. "No."

"No... What is your problem?" she asked him. "I'm trying to keep my dad from killing you," she yelled at him.

"No, Aria. You're not you're trying to hide me. Tell him I'm your boyfriend or I'll tell him for you," he threatened.

"You really wanna die?" she asked as they left the stable.

"If you tell your dad the truth you really think he'll kill me?" Henri asked.

"Yeah, and maybe he'll kill me next," she mumbled.

"Your mind is a scary place," he laughed. "You think too much."

"And you don't think at all," she accused.

"I think about you, all the time, I'm a bit obsessed."

"That's creepy and not helping me focus," she said as they walked closer and closer to her father's truck. Aria knew her dad was going to be less than happy with her choice of boyfriend. They ever kept things from each other, and she dreaded having to tell him about Henri. There were a few moments when Henri was absolutely unbearable and she was going stark mad, but she never could bring herself to tell her father.

"Oh no," Henri said as another truck turned into the long winding driveway.

"We can't," she said looking at her aunt's pickup. "I can't."

"Fine," Henri said. He walked up to her father. "Hi Mr. Hernandez," Henri said as he extended his hand. "I'm Henri Stein, Aria's boyfriend."

Aria's father looked from Henri to where Aria stood behind him. She couldn't tell what her father was thinking, but his stone face told her he was not happy. He slowly shook Henri's hand. "Henri?" he questioned.

"Yes sir," he smiled.

"And how was it that you met my daughter?" he asked. Aria's heart raced. She had no idea what Henri was going to tell her father.

"I-uh, my brother teaches at her school," Henri smiled.

Aria walked over and stood beside Henri. "Are you sure?" he asked Henri, but Aaron Hernandez studied his daughter closely. He knew something wasn't right.

"Yes, I am sir," Henri replied.

"Is he sure Arita?" her father asked his brown eyes just as piercing as hers. Just then the rest of her family approach.

"Si papi," Aria smiled. "You, hungry breakfast should be ready."

"Henri could you help them unload the truck," Aaron said and soon her uncle whisked him away.

"Papa please," Aria begged.

"You've been hiding something for months and then you move out and now you bring this boy to my mother's house. We need to have a serious talk mija," he said as he led her to the truck. They got into the vehicle and looked at the house. "Talk to me Aria. What's going on with you?"

"Nothing I'm almost twenty-two I can handle myself," she pouted.

"I know that, but you have this habit of taking on big projects and not asking for help when you need it. I'm your father mija, I'm supposed to help you," he said.