A Not So Winter Wonderland (Long)

Start from the beginning

“What made you get the necklace?”

Niall runs a hand through his hair as he says, “I know that you don’t really like jewelry, especially big things so when I saw that I thought it was perfect. It’s small, but not too small, it has enough diamonds on it not to make you insist on taking it back, and it has a ‘N’ on it. I figured that you could wear it all the time, wherever you go. Whether your with me or not, you’ll always be able to look down and be reminded that wherever I am, I’m thinking about how much I love you.”

My face turned red as I blushed, “It’s perfect, and I promise to never take it off.”

“That’s good, but that’s not the only present I have for you.”

“It’s not?” I ask.

Niall picks me up as he stands and says, “Nope.”

Carrying me into the hallway Niall stands me on my feet as he places his hand over my eyes. “What are you doing?” I ask.

“I have to keep the element of surprise up.” says Niall as he leads me to the living.

---------------------------

Walking to the living I took tentative steps, not knowing what to expect. All of a sudden I started smelling all things of Christmas. “Niall what are you doing?” I asked while I giggled.

“Okay I’m going to remove my hands, but I want you to keep your eyes closed.”

“Niall...” I start to say, but stop when Niall cuts me off, “Just keep them closed.”

“Okay.” I say as he removes his hands. Niall takes a few steps forward stops then says, “No peeking!”

“I’m not!” I yell laughing.

I start to hear glasses being moved and a chair sliding on the marble floor. “Okay, now opening them.”

Smiling I opened my eyes and again I was speechless. The whole living was covered in Christmas decoration, there was a huge tree by the patio, and fake snow covering the floor around the tree. “Niall this is…” I smiled shaking my head, “Incredible. How… This wasn’t up last night?”

“I know, I did it after you went to sleep.”

My eyes widen, “I didn’t go to sleep till after 4am, how did you...”

“The guys came over and help me set up.”

I walked around the room amazed how everything looked. It was like Santa Claus came in and threw up all around this place, it smelled of nothing besides, cookies, the Christmas tree, and I think there was even a slight scent of roasted chestnut. Walking to the tree I looked at all of the ornaments. They were all beautiful, but there was one in particular that caught my eye. Picking up a small blue heart, Niall walks behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist as he says, “I figured you would love that.”

“It’s blue, you know I love blue.”

“That I do, but turn it around.” turning around the heart there was a picture of me and Niall from after the CPW party when we went to some hay field were we threw paint filled water balloons at each other with the frat boys. Niall was standing behind me, as we were covered in numerous amount of paint. He had picked me up and had me hovering over him as I propped my hands on his shoulders to steady myself as he kissed me. I loved the picture; I hadn’t even known that it was taken. But it wasn’t just the picture that caught me off guard it was what was engraved underneath.

                                                   To my Princess,

                                               Merry 1st Christmas and I love you