“Eto na. Eto na. Nicolle, hintayin mo lang.”

Luke was jumping on the spot, and if Krungy was here, I can imagine her doing the same. Matured people, don’t you think so? I removed my eyes from Luke and focused on the place where we are standing.

Backgate.

There’s nothing really special about here. Just the backgate during the regular days.The gate and some stuffs, bicycles, motorcycles and trash. If this was a setup, they should have cleaned this place first. But whatever, I still felt the same excitement Luke was feeling right now. And I don’t even know why.

Someone grabbed my arm from behind and I swear I almost died of heart attack. I turned around to see Krungy standing there smiling from ear to ear like she lost her mind.

“So, are you two ok? Huh? Huh? Huh? Pinatawad mo na ba siya? Nagbati na ba kayo? Huh? Come on, tell me the details.”

She was looking at me hopefully, smiling. She was such a kid. I was stuck on the ground looking at her with raised eyebrows and a twitched lip. After seconds of staring at each other, Luke saved me.

“Don’t freak her out!”

Krungy pouted and looked over my shoulder. Her eyes grew wider as she mouthed an ‘oh my god’.

I narrowed my eyes as I slowly turned around to see what’s going on. Luke was smiling and so was Krungy. The backgate was slowly opening and a red box about 7 feet high and 8 feet wide with a pink ribbon was being pushed in a cart by some random guy. What on earth’s inside that box? The guy pulled the ribbon and the box slowly opened. Cue the dropped jaw here at the sight.

It was fascinating. It was staggering.

This is impossible! I never thought this could actually happen. A waffle castle that big?! I mean, wow! It may have taken ages to finish that. And it may have cost an arm and a leg. This was a world freaking record!

It was just started to sink in to me that this was really happening, that the waffle castle was actually real, when all the lights went out. Of all the time, this was going to happen? I did not move a single muscle and neither did anyone else. It was silent for the next few seconds until a singing broke the ice.

And I’ll drive for two hours to bring butterfingers. I don’t mind the distance, this kismet’s a dance.

Lights came from the waffle castle. Different lights that read ‘I’m sorry.’ Different lights of blue, pink, white, red, violet and the shade of sunset from outside. Perfect. Just perfect.

Butterflies were all over my stomach as my eyes started to get teary. My smile grew wider with Blake’s words.

“I’m sorry, Amgirl.”

Wow, I missed that nickname. No, scratch that. I missed the first person who called me that. The lights went on and the backgate was closed. Everyone else but Blake and I were gone. Yep, this was definitely a setup. 

Blake slowly walked towards me with a guitar slung over his shoulder whilst plucking the strings. He was looking in my eyes, an apologetic look that bore in his face in which sincerity was evident. The next thing I knew, he was standing close to me, smiling his real smile. Not the stupid smirk that usually displays on his face.

A smile that told me he was sorry.

A smile that told me… he’s into me.

A smile that told me, I was falling for Blake Perez.

“You ok?” he asked quietly. He removed the guitar from his shoulder and put it on the ground. I looked away from him. I really don’t know what to say. Heck, I really don’t know if I should or not say anything. I was lost in my own world collecting the right terms to speak out. Should I say ‘yes, ok, Blake… Everything’s ok now’ or ‘ok, I forgive you. After all, you’re not really the one that started it. Well, technically you were overreacting and made a big deal from it. So, you..but…’ Oh hell! I’m in deep shit. God help me.