Chapter 2: "You won't want to look away."

The next day:

I woke up extra early today, or at least I think I did...

I can't remember if I slept at all, I just kept thinking about how today was the day.

I've been into sideshow my whole life. For as long as I can remember, it's fascinated me, but it wasn't until I was almost 18 that I realized I could do some of the things they do, and eventually, that led me to where I am now.

After hitting the lowest points in my life over the course of almost a year and quarter's time, I found out about the Venice Beach Freakshow. And that's when I fixed my problems and devoted my life to what I've always loved.

I started out with sword swallowing, then I played with fire. But I wasn't quite satisfied with it still, I knew I could do more.

Now I'm known as the Modern-day Medusa, because "when you see what I do you won't want to look away. "

And right now what I'm doing is making pancakes before creature wakes up.

---

Some time passes, we eat, and I'm increasingly thankful for the company as my nerves drive me insane.

"You ok? You seem pretty on edge, sister." Creature comments as he sits across from me.

"I'm alright, just nervous. I've been waiting for today for a long time... I just don't want to screw this up..." I don't know why, but I feel comfortable telling him anything.

"You'll be fine, don't worry. The guys at the Freakshow are cool, they'll love you! But I gotta ask, what's your act? What do you do?" And even through the piercings and ink, I can see curiosity in every part of his face.

"It's a surprise. All I can tell you is that you won't see something like it anywhere else." And with that I smile and stand, taking my breakfast dishes to the sink and washing them. Then I head to my room to get dressed for what I keep hoping will be the day my dream comes true.