The sun still hung high over head and the road we were on was surrounded by grassy fields with a few tress and some random houses. It was hot outside but the air conditioner on the car was blowing on my face keeping me cool.

Eventually we arrived at a suburb type neighbourhood and Ann pulled into the driveway of a one story house with a spacious front yard. The next house was several hundred feet away which seemed to give it lots of privacy.

Ann parked in the driveway and we all got out of the car, taking our suitcases from the trunk and following her inside.

The inside of the house was very pretty as well and felt safe and warm. Even by being inside for a few seconds I could already tell I would like it here.

Photos of Ashton when he was younger lined the walls and shelves along with photographs of him and his mates, Luke, Michael and Calum.

I smiled as we passed the photographs along the wall. Ann must have noticed me looking at them because she spoke up.

"Ashton was always very handsome. Even when he was younger, he looked very much like his grandfather, always had a smile on his face." She nodded towards an older photo of Ashton around Ender's age with an older man.
I could see some of Ashton's features in his grandfather as well.

"Woah that's Ashton?" Ender gawked at a photo of Ashton holding a puppy and Ann laughed.

"Mhmm." She hummed. "That was when we got Indie. Speaking of Indie, where is that dog?"

Ann walked though a living room and to a back door where she opened it and a black and white dog with brown fur around his ears and tail wagging came padding in, running up to Ender and sniffing at his legs.

"Hi Indie, Hi!" Ender cooed at the dog and knelt down so he could play with it.

Ann laughed and reached down to pat Indie on the head as well.

"Carter, let's go take your things to where you'll be staying." She waved for me to follow her and I did so with a smile.

She led me down a hallway to the door at the very end and opened it.

I was immediately hit with the scent of Ashton's cologne.

One of the walls was brick and was covered in posters while a bed was pushed against another wall.

The closet was opposite the bed and a desk and a bookshelf were adjacent to the closet. There was a sweatshirt tossed over the back of the chair that was at the desk and a few random photos of Ashton with the boys were tacked to the wall.

"Is this Ashton's room?" I asked and Ann turned to me with a smile.

"Yes?" She answered, a little confused." Is something wrong?"

"I just didn't know that's where I would be sleeping, I don't want to put him out of his own room." I explained.

"But you're not? He's sleeping in here too?" She looked at me questioningly then her eyes widened in realisation.

"Oh. I just assumed that...I'm so sorry, I can put you in the guest room if you'd like?" She offered and I shook my head.

"It's fine." I blushed. "I just didn't know."