chapter six // 21 questions.

Start from the beginning

"No, don't worry about me, I'm sure I'll be fine," She remarks back, with an obvious fire behind her words.

Harry can't help but to grin that damned cheeky grin, the one that wins over all the ladies. I glance at Mia to see if she's falling for it as I've seen numerous girls do before, but she only looks at him with an irritated glare in her narrowed brown eyes.

That alone brings a smile on my face.

"I'll start; What's your favorite movie?"

Despite how irritated I am that this game is being played in the first place, I turn in my seat to watch Mia as she deliberates her answer. I take notice of the way she purses her lips and looks into space as she's deep in thought, as quirk I hadn't noticed before.

"Inception," She answers, nodding her head, being absolute with her response.

I shouldn't be surprised. It's a very intellectual film and she seems like that type. It's also very complicated and mysterious, much like her. It's the perfect choice for her, really.

"I never did get that movie..." Niall shakes his head, frowning as we look to him for the next question, "What's your favorite sport?" He asks after he gets over the fact that Inception went right over his head.

I watched the film with the lads for the first time, actually, and Niall just kept complaining and asking questions. He's rather difficult to watch films with.

"Sleeping," She answers quickly, with a smirk, "I'm not a sports kind of person," She explains.

Niall wears a frown, obviously hoping he'd have something in common to make conversation with her, but so far she's the complete opposite of him. All Niall talks about is sports.

Mia frowns as well as Niall frowns, obviously feeling bad that she had answered it 'wrong'. But I let out a laugh to make her feel a bit more comfortable. She glances over to me with a small smile.

"Don't worry, I'm not either," Zayn, seated next to me, smiles at her. Her shoulders loosen a bit, as she relaxes once more, "If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, which would it be?" He asks, actually warming up a bit more than I thought he would.

Zayn's usually quieter when we meet people for the first time. When we were all in X-Factor, Zayn was always the quietest, until he warmed up to us, then I saw the real side of him; just as crazy and immature as the rest of us. He's great at appearing much more mature, which I'm sure Simon wishes we could pick up on.

I have a feeling Zayn and Mia would get along pretty well. They're both a bit mysterious and intimidating when you first meet them. I can just picture them having deep conversations in the middle of the night.

"Oh lord..." She sighs, and purses her lips once more. With a huff of her breath, I watch a piece of her chocolate brown hair that had escaped onto her face fly up into the air before slowly returning back to its spot, rested upon her cheek.

As she contemplates what seems to be the most difficult question on the universe, I resist the urge to brush that piece of hair off of her cheek. I can just imagine how soft her cheeks would be, if she ever let anyone touch them.

I shake my head with those thoughts. What in the world... I glance around the room nervously; if anyone had heard those thoughts I'd be tormented for the rest of my life. If Mia had heard my thoughts, I'm sure she'd have me in a headlock with no intention of letting me go.

Where in the hell did that thought even come from? Perhaps it's been longer than I thought since I've been with a woman... Mia is definitely not available, and she's the last person on earth that I should be thinking about making moves on. For some reason she trusts me and I'm not going to screw it all up because of my idiotic hormones.