Twelve

"School!" My mother's voice echoed in my ears.

"Ahh!" I yelled as I got up and opened my eyes.

The light is blinding.

I went to my bathroom to see John brushing his teeth.

"Good morning!" He smiled.

"Morning." I grumbled as grabbed my toothbrush and began brushing my teeth as well.

John soon finished and rinsed out his toothbrush and put it back in its spot.

I finally looked at my appearance in the mirror.

I looked disgusting but that's not what caught my eye.

I had bruises all over my wrist and arms. 

I pulled my hand away and looked at it in real life.

There were hand marks on my wrist and I knew exactly who they were from.

Luke.

I know he didn't mean to give them to me but he did.

And they hurt.

I rinsed my toothbrush out and went to get ready, making sure to wear a long sleeve shirt and my hair down.

---

I arrived at the courtyard and saw Ashton and Courtney sitting on a bench.

Great I get to be the third wheel again.

I sat on the bench nonchalantly and smiled at them.

"Good morning." Ashton perched.

"Morning." I nodded.

"So how was the ride home with Luke?" Courtney raised her eyebrows.

What happened with Luke makes me feel uncomfortable. I almost feel guilty, but I didn't want to do anything.

I turned back to Courtney.

No one can know what happened.

"The ride was fine." I smiled.

Courtney nodded before returning to Ashton.

Then the man himself, Luke Hemmings, walked over to us and sat down next to me. Right on fucking cue.

Ashton and Courtney were too distracted with their love to even notice.

I moved over an inch and stared at the ground.

Luke furrowed his eyebrows. "Something wrong?"

"Yeah- I." I started to speak but let out an awkward laugh. "What happened last night wasn't okay." I said, looking down and fumbling with my ring.

"Well," He sighed, "I said I was sorry."

I nodded and closed my eyes. "Yep." 

I felt hurt. He doesn't know what it feels like to feel weak, so weak you can't defend yourself. 

I heard him sigh as I looked up to him. He looked down and shook his head.

He took a deep breath, "I guess whenever you're ready then." He looked at me from the side and smirked.

I didn't respond, I just sat in silence.

Luke nodded then leaned over and continued a conversation with Courtney and Ashton.

I just awkwardly sat there and looked at my ring. I fiddled with it and furrowed my eyebrows.

I soon saw Michael and Calum approaching us.