Three

"So he just left?" Luke looked me dead in the eyes.

When I woke up this morning all I wanted to do was talk to someone about what happened with Cal last night. So I chose Luke.

"Yeah." I sighed.

He looked off and furrowed his eyebrows. "And what did he say before you said 'Let's just forget about it'?"

"He sai- well actually he started saying something but I cut him off." I shrugged.

"I wonder what he was going to say." Luke stated.

"Hm... Me too." I sighed. I never thought about that. What did Cal want to say? He started to say something but of course I had to talk first.

"Do you think Cal likes-"

"No." I said sternly.

Luke raised his eyebrows. "Are you-"

"Positive." I said blankly.

I stared off. We were at an old diner that Calum and I usually go to.

There were so many questions I had but there was no way for me to get the answers. I couldn't ask Calum, we haven't even talked today. It was weird. Normally we talk all day, everyday.

I looked to Luke, who had his head sitting in his hands.

"Have you ever almost kissed one of your best friends?" I asked him.

"Assuming as all my best friends are boys, no, I have not almost kissed one of my best friends."

I smiled at his awkward response and laughed. "Thanks for the help."

"Honestly," Luke breathed, "I want to help you and give you advice but I don't know what to say."

"Yeah. It's okay. I don't know what to say either." I shrugged.

"And that's okay." Luke huffed. He slid one arm over my shoulders. "You don't have to know now."

I nodded in agreement and closed my eyes. "I know it's only been like 12 hours but, I feel like I haven't seen Cal in forever." I laughed.

"It may feel that way." Luke sighed. "Maybe you should talk to him."

"What if he doesn't want to talk to me?" I whined. "Because if he doesn't want to talk to me then I just seem needy-"

"Charlotte, you're best friends." He sighed.

"You're right." I breathed.

"I'm always right." He laughed.

"Shut up. What about the time we went to-"

"Target. And you said that the fruit snacks were on the same isle as the cracker packs. And I said 'no they're on the same isle as the candy.' And you were right." He laughed. "That was one time. One time, Charlotte."

"Still. I'm right." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Okay, okay." Luke leaned his head back. "Believe what you want."

I gave a side smirk to the blue eyed boy and wiggled my eyebrows.

"Okay but seriously," Luke breathed. "You should talk to Cal. You're best friends and even though he hates when you and I talk-"

"Wait you notice that?" I interrupted.

"Yes. I'm not stupid." Luke laughed. "The angry stares. The annoyed coughs. I notice it all. Calum doesn't like it when we talk, plain and simple."

"Yeah. Maybe he's a little protective," I sighed. "Kinda like and older brother."

"Kind of like a best friend." Luke said sarcastically.