Prologue

"Just steal it, Charlotte!" Calum yelled to me, pointing at a cheap pair of sunglasses.

"Shut up! People are going to hear you," I yelled at him as I looked up and down the target and aisles.

"It's just a cheap pair of sunglasses, it's not like they're gonna throw you in jail because you stole this tiny thing," He explained.

I nodded my head slowly and bit my lip. He was right. I mean nothing is going to happen. I reached over and picked up a pair of aviator sunglasses.

I looked over to Calum to see him grinning from ear to ear and nodding.

I attempted to put the sunglasses on then realized what I was doing and tore them off

"No. No. No. I can't do this, Calum," I whined.

"Ugh," Calum moaned. "Why? Just why, Charlotte? Why can't you do something cool just once?"

"What?! I do cool things all the time," I yelled.

"Name one thing," Calum said, rolling his eyes.

"Um... I... I can't think of anything now, but I do cool things everyday," I shook my head.

"I cannot believe I'm best friends with you. Just steal the glasses," He commanded.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Steal some with me," I smiled.

"What?" He questioned.

"If you want me to take them so bad, take some too," I grinned.

"Hm," He looked up, then shrugged. "Sure. Fine."

He snatched a pair of wayfarer sunglasses then pushed them on his face and set them gently on the bridge of his nose.

"Okay put these on," He said as he handed me the pair of aviators.

I slid them on and looked back to Calum.

"Let's go," He laughed. He grabbed my hand.

He pulled me through the aisles until we got to the front. I started running to keep up with his fast pace.

I looked around and saw an older lady staring at us like we were crazy.

As soon as we got through the doors Calum starting running faster which did not help my short legs.

"Wait I can't run this fast," I yelled.

"Well you better find a way to," Calum yelled back.

He unlocked his black car and opened my door for me. I hopped in, him shutting the door quickly behind me. He ran to the other side and hopped in.

He started the car and pulled out of the parking spot and started driving home.

"I cannot believe I just stole something!"

"Shut up. It's just a pair of sunglasses."