Six

"I really want it." I sighed as I looked at the green day cd in target.

"Well, buy it." Calum rolled his eyes.

"I'm poor." I laughed.

"Then steal it." Cal smirked.

"Hey!" I looked around to see if anybody was watching us. "Don't say the 's' word so loud."

"Steal?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yes. Shh." I scolded.

"Okay. Whatever." He laughed. "Just steal the damn cd."

"No." I scoffed.

"Are you scared?" Calum teased.

"No!" I yelled.

"You're scared." He laughed.

"No I'm not!"

"Then take the cd." He grinned.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes and slid the cd under my shirt and in the waste band of my pants.

"Good girl." Calum smirked.

"I'm not a dog." I pushed Calum.

"What?" Calum gasped sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the store.

"How does it feel to act so cool?" Calum joked as we walked to his car.

"I've always been cool." I shrugged as I opened the passenger door as sat in the hot car.

"Oh sure." Calum rolled his eyes.

I smiled at Calum then turned and looked out the window and watched as we drove down the road.

There were occasionally palm trees because it was Florida and there were tourist parts of the city. We live in Tampa so a lot of the parts of this city were filled with tourists.

"You know we have to go back to school tomorrow." Calum put his hand on my knee.

"Yeah. I really don't want to." I laughed.

"Well," Calum sighed, "There is about 2 1/2 months until summer." He smiled.

I smiled and nodded. "Can't wait."

Calum's phone started ringing it and he answered it quickly.

"Hellloooo... Oh yeah!... We'll be right there. Bye." Calum said into the phone.

"Who was that?" I asked as soon as he put the phone down.

"Mikey. Everyone is hanging out his house, playing Fifa, eating. And he invited us over so we are going." He explained.

"Oh okay." I picked at my fingers. "Luk-" I stopped and closed my eyes. "The boys don't know about us yet."

"Yeah, I guess we need to tell them." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Maybe we should wait just a little bit longer." I smiled awkwardly.

"Why?" Calum frowned.

"I don't know... I just think it's going to change things and once it's out there, it's out there." I picked at the thread coming off my shorts.

"Are you not sure about us?" Calum asked with his eyes squinted.

"No- I just don't want everything to change yet." I squeezed my eyes shut.

Calum didn't respond. He kept his eyes focused on the road and his lips pursed.

I don't know why I don't want the boys to know. I'm not sure if it's doubts about Cal and I or fear of commitment but once the boys know, everything changes and if we decide later that this was a mistake then there's no taking back what was said.