One

"I cannot believe I just stole something!" I yelled, as we drove down the highway.

"Shut up, it's just a pair of sunglasses." he rolled his eyes.

"But still, I didn't pay for them," I grinned.

"No shit." He laughed.

I looked over to Calum to see crinkles forming on the ends of his eyes and his cheeks from laughing.

Calum was my best friend. Although he is stupid and a complete idiot, I wouldn't trade him for the world.

We met in 9th grade. I was starting out high school and I was pretty scared. I remember walking into my math class and tripping as soon as I got through the door. My books and journals scattered all over the floor and every eye in the room was watching me. It was the most embarrassing thing. But one boy, who was the sweetest of all, kneeled down and helped me collect all my things. I remember exactly what we said to each other.

"Here you can sit by me, my name is Calum." He smiled and put out his hand for me to shake.

"My name is Charlotte." I nodded as I shook his hand.

He pulled me to the back of the class room and motioned for me to sit in the seat next to him.

I sat down in the seat and looked over to the nice boy beside me. He had dark brown eyes and dark brown hair. His skin was of a caramel color and his lips were of a red color. He was wearing a Green Day shirt, which made me smile.

"I like your shirt." I said, with a slight grin on my face.

"Oh," he said as he looked down to see what shirt he was wearing. "Oh, thanks- Wait. You like Green Day?"

"Yeah. Holiday is my favorite." I nodded.

"Woah that's so cool. My favorite is Boulevard of Broken Dreams." He smiled.

The rest is history. We were an unstoppable team from that day and continuing to today. Today, we are juniors in high school. It is spring break currently and the weather was fabulous. Florida has the best weather I have ever seen.

"Hey, Char." Calum said, snapping me out of my trance.

"What?" I asked, flipping I strand of golden hair out on my face.

"Do you want to meet up with the the boys and Courtney for lunch." He asked.

"Ugh." I groaned. I have nothing against the boys, I love them. But Courtney? I just hate her. I don't know what Ashton sees in her but they have been dating for a while now. "Courtney." I groaned.

"I know, I know. I hate her just as much as you do but we haven't seen the boys in forever." He persuaded.

"You're right." I breathed. "I miss them. Let's go." I nodded.

---

We pulled up to McDonald's and parked in a spot close to the front.

I got out of the car and skipped over to Calum's side of the car.

"Hey." I breathed. He ignored me and looked at something on his phone.

I punched his shoulder as hard as I could to try and get his attention.

"Oh. Ow." He said sarcastically. He jokingly rubbed his arm and grinned at me.

"Shut up, Cal. Let's go." I said as I grabbed his arm and pulled him.

"Okay, okay. Calm down." he laughed as he started walking towards the entrance.

I pulled open the door, the cool air hitting me in the face.