Chapter 20 ♚

(Third Person's POV)

"Shit..." Levi mumbled to himself as he stood in front of his window, motionless. He then started doing hand gestures to see if anything triggers from becoming a bat. He did looked queer and silly at the same time but he cared less. He knew he needed to save Eren, before everything's too late for the both of them. He didn't want to lose Eren yet, not now. Then, he came to realization that all the times he spent with the teal eyed boy was a waste; he didn't put much effort to it however, Eren did. Eren was the only reason Levi found love. A genuine one.

"E-Eren... Hold on, I'm coming for you," Levi muttered to himself as his body started perspiring with sweat from too much movement. He kept forcing himself.

"Wait..." Levi stopped and tried remembering how Eren turned into a bat.

"The rose... I wonder-" Levi started to say as he headed to his room to find the rose. He walked in and opened his closet. He turned the lights on and saw the rose on the floor. It had wilted a petal or two.

"Oh dear," Levi bend down and reached for it. As he grabbed it, he placed a finger upon the petal and smoothly grazed his finger, caressing it.

"I have hope," Levi mumbled as he closed his eyes. Then, by holding the rose up, a sudden wave of memories flashed before him. It was the previous days with Eren and the beginning they met. A tear rolled down Levi's cheek as the images went on.

"Oh Eren. I don't intend losing you today... But because of this, I am unable to." Levi said with despair. "I don't want to lose you now. Not when I came to realization how dull I was towards you, I should've put effort into our love," Levi began while looking down at his feet.
Then, an image of a girl with a red scarf appeared in front of Levi, smiling softly towards him.

"Who are you?" Levi questioned as he backed away.

"My name's Mikasa, I was Eren's late fiancé," she started to say as she moved closer. "Late finacé?" Levi rephrased her words with furrowed brows. "Yes, but it's not important to talk about that right now, I know where Eren is and I know who his beloved is," she stated calmly, "And I am here to help, for the sake of Eren," she finished. Levi looked at her with utter confusion and slight grief as her image stood motionless.

"Why? Why do you want to help us?" Levi questioned. She slightly frowned and smiled, "Because, I loved him. Even though I'm just merely an illusion, I died from knowing my love for him is strong. I knew I couldn't make him fall for me, I just couldn't take the pain anymore. I know Eren never did once put effort to our forced relationship but somehow, he had tamed my heart. I learned that forcing someone to love or marry you is never the solution to your heartbreaks and heartaches. Not unless their love for you is pure. Eren was never happy with me, he deserves someone that actually makes him happy. And in return, I want him to be happy. I know he loves you dearly, and I want him to treasure that feeling as long as he lives his eternal days with you." She finished.

"Okay. I understand that. But how did you die?"

"Suicide," she stated bluntly.

"What?!-"

"Enough, no time for this nonsense! You must go and save Eren before everything falls apart," she grunted.

"But how? I can't even turned into a bat!" Levi blurted out.

"Hm, why can't you?"

"I am new to this, okay!" she sighed heavily while face palming in the end. "I don't know what that fool sees in you, but if you insist in turning to one, I can tell you how," she stated with a blunt expression.

"Fine, but he's not a fool,"

"Quiet," she murmured while Eren's faint screams can be heard again.

"Okay, hurry up and tell me,"

"Turning into a bat is very tricky. But, since you have feelings for Eren, it wouldn't that be hard,"

"And? What does that involve with?"

"In order to turn into one, you must think deeply through your thoughts,"

"Okay.. I don't get it,"

"You put your hands upon your heart and place it there. Once you done that, slightly tilt your head down and close your eyes, and then, think about how much you love him," she instructed.

"Wait... So is this how vampires turn into bats? They think who they love?"

"Yes! Each vampire who both loves each other, held a single crimson rose with them, it assembles their love and affections towards each other,"

"Okay," Levi muttered as he brought up his hands upon his chest, feeling the thumps against it from his heartbeat. He then tilted his head downwards and slowly fluttered his eyes close. He then began thinking deeper thoughts about what he truly feels about Eren.

The next thing he knew was... He turned into a bat, successfully.

"I think my work here is done. And may I say, good luck saving your beloved." Mikasa disappeared in thin air, leaving Levi in his bat form.

Okay, I'm coming for you, Eren...

_______________

A/n: Okay! Very sorry for any misspelled errors! And grammar mistakes. I hope you enjoyed this chapter for it is almost the last. The next one is an epilogue so prepare~! The epilogue for this will be(hopefully) publish by tomorrow evening :) I am just glad I'm almost finish this book so i could continue on to the others and Oblivious. I know Oblivious is kind of behind updates but it'll soon be publish... hopefully... And I wanna say thank you to you guys who supported this book and read it as you go. I appreciate it. :)

Vote

Comment

Hepaven OUT