"No, but I have an idea," he said, wiggling his  eyebrows up and down. "I want you to get a design for me and I'll get  one for you. How does that sound?"

Dani actually felt nervous. "Please don't give me a coatrack or a clothesline. Please, Harry."

Harry laughed. "I promise it's not going to be anything stupid."

Basically,  she didn't trust his tattoo tastes. Louis had better tattoos, but she  was never going to tell him that. In fact, she was pretty relieved that  Harry didn't notice the bird tattoo beside her DnJ tat because he might  put two and two together. It wasn't that she got Zayn's exact tattoo  because she was a Zayn stan... She unconsciously looked around, wondering  if Jewel would suddenly pop up from nowhere, her lips mouthing  "Betrayer" with a glare. It made her laugh. She might as well get  whatever Harry had in store for her. "Very well. I'll do it. You go  first then."

Harry almost jumped in glee. "YAY! You're going to love this!"

______

Dani  loved tattoos, but she didn't love the pain. She would've strangled the  tattoo artist if only Harry weren't there. She couldn't even swear like  a sailor, thinking that Harry would find her potty mouth a turn off. FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCKITY FUCK!!!! It  was her first time getting a tattoo done on her ribcage too. At first  it felt weird to have a man other than her boyfriend (oh yes, she called  him her BOYFRIEND) touch her skin, but knowing that Harry was right  beside her, holding her hand, she took it like a pro - a crying pro who  wanted to go on a fetus position and cry "mommy".

"I'm dying,  Har-Hubby," she caught herself before saying his name, but the tattoo  artist was too busy killing her with his tattoo gun. Damn you, she wanted to say. Damn you for not fucking me first before my last breath! "Know that I would have loved to have a family with you. Good...bye... OUUUCHHH!!!#@)*&$#!"

As  Dani stared at Harry's eyes, it kinda left her breathless. He was  seriously in pain because of watching her. She wanted to tell him not to  worry, it was bearable despite the intense pain, but a part of her  enjoyed seeing him worry over her. So she made the most of the moment  and sobbed a little bit. Then Harry kissed her. She was so surprised  that she forgot about the pain. He was so brave as he cupped her face  with his hands, showing her that a tattoo was the least of her worries.

"I love you, wifey," Harry told her softly, his breath warm against her lips. "Just a little more."

Dani nodded and tried to blink back the tears in her eyes. So this was how it felt, she thought, to have that someone you love romantically to stand beside you when you're going through something painful.

Somehow, Harry made it all worth it.

______

As  they walked hand in hand through the mall, with big cups of froyo in  their free hands, Dani felt so happy. She was broke as fuck, but she got  a tattoo with Harry and now they were having dessert. Harry was  obviously trying not to sneak a peak in his shirt. They decided not to  look at each other's tattoos until they got home, so both of them had  these goofy smiles on their faces like they had a gift waiting for them  later.

Dani was more than pleased with herself. She got him  something simple, really. A black crescent moon design. She had planned  to get it for herself, but never got around to it. And if anyone  deserved to have her own brand, it was Harry. She hoped he would like  it. Her own tattoo was painful, a mild sting on her ribcage, but she was  elated. What did Harry get her?

"Dani?" he asked, pulling the shades from his eyes. "Wifey?"

"Yes, hubby?"

"I've never had so much fun in my life," Harry said shyly.

Dani  was pretty sure a man of his status would have experienced something  better than getting matching tattoos and froyos dressed in the worst  outfits, but she'll take what she can. Leaning against him as they  walked, she nodded. "Me, too, Harry."

Then someone screamed.

"HARRY STYLES?!?!"

There  was no more thinking. She had underestimated those who can recognize  her husband-to-be. Frozen yogurt now on the floor, with shaking hands  she scrambled for her purse to get the stone as Harry struggled to put  the shades back on his face, but Dani felt it. People were starting to  stare. Finally seeing the mitten, she slipped her hand inside and  clutched the stone hard between her palms. Although she could see Harry  beside her, she caught her reflection on the glass dividers in one  boutique. She was alone, a terrified look on her face, looking  completely crazy.

It dawned on her how she must have looked like.  Had she truly gone out of her mind? Why was she so careless!? Every fear  and worry rushed in her head, and she vaguely wondered if the same  thing would happen if she didn't have the stone in her hand. Would they  take Harry away from her? The coast was clear, but Dani could hear a  couple of women talking about it.

"Did you see Harry Styles?"

"No, it was probably just a lookalike!"

"No, I swear it was so real!"

"Wasn't he with that girl!?"

Unable  to take it anymore, Dani walked to the nearest exit, the tears brimming  on her eyes. No, she told herself. This couldn't end now.

"Dani,"  Harry caught up to her, and held her hand. He pushed her behind a huge  post and pulled her in for a hug. "Don't be afraid. I'm here."

Clinging  to him, Dani wondered if she looked like she was just embracing a wall.  Was this how she would look like every time she had to hide Harry from  the world? Like a crazy person talking to herself, hugging walls and  smiling all on her own? Was this even real? She sobbed against Harry's  shirt, absorbing all the warmth and strength he had to offer. "Harry, I  love you. I don't want to lose you. Please don't leave me."

"Wifey,  I'll never leave you," Harry whispered, drawing back to place kisses on  her wet cheeks. "I love you. Do you hear me? I'm right here. And I love  you."

Dani nodded again and again, and while his words repeated  in her head like soft echoes, all she could do was hold him close, one  mantra going through her head, her voice louder than his own: I'm not crazy. I'm not crazy. I'm not...

______

Author's Note

Surprise update because I love you guys! :)

What say you we get the fic to 30K reads soon? :)

Much love,

Jac