Chapter Thirty Three

Start from the beginning

“stay home today, are you ok?” he asked pulling the covers down rubbing my stomach where my hand was.

“yeah I just feel gross” I stared at him.

“ok well call me if you want me to come home, I love you babe” he pressed his mouth to mine giving me a long kiss.

I turned the tv back on after he headed off, I had been getting cramps like I used to with my period all morning, I made my way to the bathroom before I pee'd myself and sat on the toilet, I was still half asleep when I noticed blood everywhere on my legs and the paper.

What the hell? I had no idea what that was from, I mean my periods stopped years ago. I didn’t even own a pad. I folded over a heap of paper and put it in my pants making my way to the room, I checked the clock 10:40am ugh Matt would be teaching now, I grabbed my phone and called Nate.

“yo sis whats up?” he answered happily into the phone

“can you come here and take me to the doctors?” I whispered trying not to cry

“Sadie whats wrong? Where's Matt?”

“working, I don’t want to bother him, I'm bleeding everywhere” I sniffled

“on my way” he said before he hung up.

I called Dr Emmerson and made an appointment she was my doctor last time and knew all about the problems I had with my pains and periods, so she fit me in right away. I was standing outside when Nate pulled up, I must of looked like crap considering in was only wearing trackies and one of Matt's jumpers over my singlet, I walked over to the other side of the car getting in.

“so when you say bleeding?” Nate asked as we headed on the highway

“I was sick yesterday with a headache and woke up today with cramps like bad ones again and I went to the bathroom and there was blood all down my legs”

he rubbed my leg “ok, we'll get you checked out, but it's probably nothing to worry about”

Sitting in the examine room, Nate came in with me, I was scared as hell since the last time I was in here was with mum.

“right Sadie, this is kind of stumping me, so what I'm going to do is run a few blood tests, will get you an ultrasound on your uterus, and I will do some other testing for cervical cancer, I don’t want you to panic, but I'm going to do a full work up” she stated.

As soon as she said the word cancer I freaked out big time!

I was sitting at home, waiting for Matt to arrive I had to talk to him and I didn’t know how he was going to take it, I just hoped he would understand.

I heard his car pull up, I went and sat on the couch my heart beating a million miles an hour as he walked through the doors.

“babe you feeling better?” he asked walking over grinning

“not really, I need to talk to you”I said taking his hand, he frowned but nodded

“ok so when you left, I had Nate take me to the doctors, I started getting bad cramps and bleeding a lot”

“what? Why the hell didn’t you call?” he growled looking pissed

“because you was teaching and I didn’t want to bother you, I had all these tests done to find out what was wrong and why I was bleeding, she thought it might be something to do with cervixal cancer, I don’t get the results until tomorrow morning, but anyway I'm telling you I'm dropping out of college tomorrow”

MATTHEW

All I heard was dropping out of college tomorrow, I stood up “no your not”

“Matt don’t yell, I've made my mind up”