Chapter Twenty Two

I took in the sight in front of me and froze.

“Matthew, babe what are you doing?” I asked a little fast as my voice came out barely a whisper. Was he proposing?

“nothing just tying my shoelace up” he shrugged and let go of my hand making me roll my eyes, could I have looked like a bigger idiot, hell he wasn't going to ask me to marry him. But then it clicked, he wasn't wear shoes with laces at all.

My eyes were stuck to his shoes as he spoke again “god woman look at me!”

My eyes lifting slowly as they met his face, his broad smile beaming from ear to ear as he reached and took hold of my hand “Sadie”

“Matt?” I whispered looking at him while he knelt in front of me, my hand shaking as he held it tightly.

“Sadie, I've loved you from the moment I first laid eyed on you, hell I know we've been together for what a few months but I don't care, marry me, marry me and let me be your husband, I love you and that's all I want from you, too call you my wife.”

“Yes!” I cried out loudly and crying through the laughter.

“Wait. You haven't seen the ring yet” he smiled standing up and reached into his pocket and pulled out a sparkly white gold ring with a huge square cut diamond that was surrounded my tiny black diamonds around it.

“oh my god” I put my hands over my mouth and gasped as more hot tears ran down my cheeks, he took my hand and slid the ring on which it perfectly fit my finger. “It's beautiful” I barely whispered looking at it in awe.

“Sadie your beautiful” he wiped my tears away with his thumb and kissed me softly, I wrapped my arms around his neck and he lifted me off the ground twirling us around.

“I love you so much!” I spoke kissing him still

“I love you so much more, I cant wait to marry you!” he kissed me back and put my feet back on the ground. Oh my god I'm getting married and I couldn't be any happier right now, not even his mother could take his smile off my face.. oh shit.

“What are your parents going to think?”

“I don't care” he kissed me again “I did ask your dad and Nate for permission first though” wait.. what?

“You did?” I was quite surprised to hear that

“I asked them awhile ago and they both said go for it, Nate came with me to get the ring actually”

I looked at my ring again and smiled again “its perfect, but not a perfect as you are for me, I really love you so much!”

We sat up at the lookout for another hour watching the sun setting until it became almost dark, I couldn't believe how today turned out, I remember running with Bree this morning worrying Matt was going to leave me how wrong was I.

We got home he went to unlock the house door, and like the first night we met, Matt pushed me against the door and kissed me, it was a sweet and soft kiss but turning hungry as he lifted me up and ground his hips in to mine.

There was a low cough and a voice speaking near us “don't let us interrupt you”

I looked over his shoulder and seen Bree and Jack standing there, why do they always have to be around when we make out! Matt was smiling at them both, he hadn't been able to take the grin off his face since he proposed.

“what the fuck has you so happy?” Jack laughed looking at us both, frowning but still trying to figure out the reason.

“what? cant I just be happy to have a amazing fiancee?” Matt responded simply.