The room was very well lit with French doors lining the wall, bringing in lots of sunlight and giving a beautiful view of the hotel's back garden which had a lot of ferns, a water fountain and other plants which I assumed would've been blossoming beautifully if it wasn't winter. The walls and ceiling of the room had a lot of art on them and the room had one grand table in the middle and matching vintage chairs which seated the Harrisons, Ms Jones and the family's close friends. It was all fit for royalty.

Justin and I made our way to the table to two empty seats down opposite ends of the table where Pattie, Richard, Ms Jones, Aisha and her parents sat. Richard was at the head of the table, Pattie on his right with Ms Jones, and John on his left with Dona and Aisha. Next to Ms Jones was an empty seat and next to Aisha was an empty seat. Justin and I would be sitting opposite each other.

We greeted everyone and apologised for being late but I didn't dare speak of the engagement. I was still in shock about it and quite shy to say.

Justin pulled my chair out for me before going to sit next to Aisha and then we plated up some food for ourselves.

"What did you two get up to this morning?" Aisha grinned at me and Justin.

"The real question is, what did you get up to last night?" Justin fired back with a grin.

"Nothing. I socialised." Aisha said.

"With Ryan?"

"Yes, he's really nice actually."

"Where is he anyway?" Justin looked around the table.

"He couldn't make it. You'd know why if you and Dileah had cared to say goodbye to everyone before running off." Aisha's grin returned.

I was blushing.

I didn't want to draw attention to myself by speaking and then having everyone's eyes fixed on me then the ring, then have Pattie and Ms Jones celebrating and dying on us... no, I'd shut up and have my food quietly and only speak when spoken to and try to keep my left hand out of the way.

"Dileah and I were tired and we knew that saying goodbye would've resulted in us being forced to stay longer." Justin said.

"You still could've said bye." Aisha rolled her eyes.

"Well, we knew we'd see everyone again today so it's really not a big deal."

"It is a big deal!"

"Aisha, you left Dileah to stand alone while you were 'socialising' with Ryan."

"What? Dileah--"

"Oh, goodness, it's still too early for this." Dona said. "You two carry on like siblings."

Justin and Aisha blushed and kept quiet and I smiled to myself about how childish Aisha made Justin. She was probably the only person who had that effect on him.

"How was the party last night?" Ms Jones shifted the attention to me.

Great.

"It was good. Pattie knows her stuff." I smiled.

"If I were about twenty years younger, I would've shown up to teach you all a thing or two about dancing." Ms Jones joked.

We laughed.

"I'm sure you could school me still. I suck at dancing." I said.

"Nod your head to the music. You'll get away with not being able to dance." Pattie said.

"Dileah just swayed her hips." Aisha said.

"Subtly too." I added.

"Very lady-like, dear." Ms Jones supported me.