Chapter 66 - What if They Already Know...?

Start from the beginning

"Where should I put his stuff?" I ask her.

"I guess his food and bowls in the kitchen and his bed wherever. He usually moves that around to where he wants it anyway." She says chuckling at the end.

I head into the living room and put his bed down right next to the TV, then I go into the kitchen and out his food and bowls up on the countertop, then I go out back by the door next to Mom.

"What time is everything starting tomorrow?" She asks.

"Leaders have to be down in the Main Building before three in the morning, everyone else that going has to be there between then and four. We are hoping to have everything set and ready by eight and leave Chicago around ten."

"Wow. That's early."

"Well, we need to get them back as soon as possible. Mostly all of them need some kind of medical attention, and being there an extra, even only an hour won't help them. The first plan was to go in tonight and do it all in the dark, but we figured that even with GPS and stuff we still wouldn't be able to find our way around. We think it'll be fine even if it's not in the dark. They show no signs of real security even though I'm sure they'll put up a fight in the building."

"Well that makes sense. I'm sure you all will succeed. Just please be careful, okay?"

"Don't worry, I will."

Indy comes over and plops down by my feet, his brown and black tail thumping on the floor as he wags it.

"Bye boy. Be good, okay. Leave the cat alone." I say patting him on the head and scratching under his chin.

As soon as I stand up Mom wraps me in an embrace.

I think I've forgotten how thankful she's come back to be my mother, not a sicko who thirsts for power, but finally to be my mother. I don't know what I would've done these past three years without her being here for me, along with the rest of my friends.

"Be safe, okay. I love you."

"I will."

I open the door to leave but before I step out she touches my shoulder, stopping me.

"Go and get your girl back." She whispers smiling. "I'm sure she can't wait to see you, along with the rest of your friends."

I smile then close the door and walk back to my now quiet apartment.

I wish for sleep, but of course it never comes. I already have too much adrenaline and nervousness coursing through my body for tomorrow.

Also all of the 'what if's wrack my brain along with it.

Everything will be fine, right?

Someday soon I'll have Tris right next to me in this bed right?

She's alive right now while I'm laying here thinking about her, right?

No one will get killed, right?

I'll see this room again, right?

Life will be okay again, right?

All of the stress builds up inside of me and I can't help but yell.

"What if everything doesn't go okay?! What if Tris doesn't make it here?! What if she's dead right now and I don't even know?! What if a bunch of people get killed or are already killed?! What if I never see this room or the compound ever again?!" I yell.

"WHAT IF LIFE IS NEVER OKAY AGAIN?!" I yell.

I take deep breaths, my ears ringing and the world spinning.

"What if they already know?" I barely whisper.

"What if the already know and are waiting for is to attack and have the perfect to snipe all of us?"

"Josh said they have everything ruled out and are sure of our secrecy, but what if they kept it secret from us?"

"What if they already know...?"

A/N-

Heyyy humans!

So I'll be around when I can this week, but I've got band camp starting tomorrow through Friday in the afternoons for two weeks....

Not that most of you care but for those of you that do, that's why I may not be very active.

Okay then.... Not much else to say...

35.3k reads!

Anyways....

Thanks for reading!

Stay amazing!

Don't forget to

Vote!

And

Comment!

And

Be brave because I <4 you all so so much!!!