13 -last chapter.

As we began eating, I was being stared at. An unfamiliar face. I would believe it to be there sister.
It was as if no one wanted to break the silence until I did.
"This is lovely mrs.dolan." I smiled. I felt Grayson grab my knee and squeeze it. I turned to him and he smiled.
"Of course." She said continuing to eat. Awkward.
"So, Lauren. I hear you like Grayson a lot?" Ethan said.
"Yes, very much." I smiled taking a bite of the dinner.
"That's good because he always talks about you. Like its annoying." Ethan said rolling his eyes. Even more awkward.
"Yeah. Um I guess you could say it's pretty cool." Grayson said trying to save himself. I just laughed. I turned to see mr. And mrs. Dolan mad.
"It may not be my part on asking, but are you guys angry?" I asked. Mr.dolan just stared at me.
"No, it's just Grayson doesn't do girlfriends. Are you pulling a fast one on us? Are you paying her for something, or making her go through one of your moods?"me.dolan asked. Grayson dropped his fork.
"Dad, can I ever have a chance. Like ever?! I really like her! This isn't a sick prank your thinking about." Grayson said disgusted. "And I'm sick. I'm sick of being the problem child. I'm not! I just want to be happy. Can I have that?" Grayson said angered.
"Of course sweetie, I just want the best for both you and Lauren." Mrs.dolan said. I just smiled. I didn't want to get involved.
"I don't only like her a lot. I love her." Grayson said. I dropped my fork. I say there in awe. As was everyone else.
"Well I will let you too leave the table to discuss whatever just happened." Me.dolan said. We both awkwardly left the table and began to the backyard.

"So?" Grayson said walking.
"Gray." I said looking down.
"Shit. What?" He said defeated.i began to cry.
"You can't love me. It's inevitable. We met, like 4 weeks ago. I'm so difficult to love. In fact I don't believe anyone can love me. I'm just to much to handle." I said shaking my head. "You don't even know me."
"But- I don't have too, well I love you, because you saw something in me. Which is better then anyone has ever given to me."
"Love is a 4 letter word that means so much to people. But this 'love'isn't something I want." I replied.
"What?" Grayson asked.
"I'm sorry Grayson I can't do this. Not now." I began to cry again.
"Lauren- what is going on? Why are you saying this?!" He stated. I began to walk away until he pulled me back.
"Grayson I'm moving."
"Wait what?!" He asked.
"I got a scholarship to cadley. It starts in a month." I said.
"Cadley? The smart academy?" He asked.
"Yeah, that one." I chuckled through my tears.
"This guarantees me a scholarship to college. And I can't screw that up."
"I get it. I totally get it." He said defeated.
"I'm so sorry."
"Can I just ask you something?" Grayson asked. I nodded. "Why the fuck would you get involved with me?! Huh?! If you knew god dam well you were leaving?!" He said angrily.
"Grayson calm down." I said.
"No! I gave you my fucking heart! And this shit is why I don't have girlfriends."
"I didn't ask for any of this Grayson!" I yelled. "You think I wanted to fall in love with you?!" I yelled crying.
"So you do. You do love me." He began to tear up."
"Yes. And I hate myself for it. I need a future Grayson. And I can't put that on you. I was going to tell you on Monday, that I couldn't be with you. I was scared." I said.
"Fuck!" He yelled putting his hands on his head.
"Grayson, things aren't always a happy ever after. Things end. That's what love is. It's letting go sometimes. To help the one you love. And, I need to leave." I said hugging him one last time. I walked away, and began to walk home.

*grayson's pov*
It's been 4 weeks and Lauren hasn't been at school. Most likely in cadley already. I miss her so much. And I hate knowing I can't call her, or even know where she is. Life is a roller coaster. Things happen. I just move past them. I believe you can have many people in your life that you can love. And my first one just didn't work. It's life.

*Lauren's pov*
I've been at cadley for 6 months. I hear grayson has a girlfriend. That will stick around. I talk to Mel everyday to get the scoop on everything. Over here I have a boy toy of my own. Nothing serious. I know it's not going to last. I still have hope, then when I get out, after I finish my life here at cadley, Grayson will be there. Waiting. But for now- I take it one day at a time, bringing my future to its fullest.
Goodbye Grayson dolan. For now.

The end.;)