11

I got into Grayson's car and he began to drive. I remained silent.
"So, I guess i will start now. When I was little, I was always picked on for being a twin. Why? I have no clue. And when I was little I was always told to just let people live, well when people were not respecting me the way I respected them I just became a mean kid. Way worst then I am now. I used to beat kids up, and yell at my teachers. They always said I was the 'no future kid.' Can you believe it? From one motto my parents used, I was like that. During this time, Ethan was this amazing kid. Always got good grades, had girlfriends, the only thing we both had were athletics. So when I got to about 7th grade I thought instead of being known as a psycho kid, I would be the kid who didn't need anything. And that's exactly what I became." I still didn't say anything. I get why he was like that, but you don't treat people like trash because you can. He looked at me. I was just watching on coming traffic. My grandpa died last year. He was the only one who didn't see me as a screw up. And when I lost him, I lost my cool. I guess I just didn't give a shit. Until you came a long. Someone who didn't know who I was. Someone I could have a fresh start with."
"I knew who you were Grayson." I finally said.
"Then why did you talk to me?" He asked.
"High school is a zoo. We act as if people are animals. Just watch how they suffer or succeed. I wanted to see what you were going to do. But I, unlike others wanted to help." I said not looking off the road once.
"So, you gave me a shot? Even when I never even acknowledged you?" He asked.
"Yep."
"And what I did yesterday proved that I wasn't going to work. right?"
"No. Yesterday just proves that when I try to help, I end up getting hurt. Grayson pulled into a parking lot.
"Lauren I swear I will not hurt you. I looked at him then looked away. I didn't say anything.
"Okay, come with me." He said. We were at our schools football field. There was a game going on.

We arrived to the ticket booth.
"Hi yes, two tickets please." Grayson said to the ticket giver. she handed him the tickets and he gave her the money. We walked In and took a seat.
"Grayson, why are we here?" I asked until the whole auditorium went dark. Grayson ran down to the field. He left me.
The lights then flipped on again. Everyone standing around confused. I finally see Grayson next to Ethan.
"Hi, um I apologize to interrupt you but this is I guess important. I'm Grayson dolan. Many know of me as a football jock, but I know most of you know of me as a fuck up. Or a psycho, or even a kid who has no where to go. Well maybe those are true, but I'm here to say that none of it matters to me. I know who I am, and all of you should to." He turned to me. "High school is a zoo. We all have a cage with your people in them. We get to sit and watch other people's cages all day. But we never do anything to help. Why? Even if we hate some people it's just human nature. I know I will be a laughing stock after this, but who cares it's just high school. Anyone out there who feels alone please stand up." I looked around no one stranded. Shit. Fuck it. I stood. People looked at me. I saw Grayson smile. Then one after another people began to stand up. "Now look around you, these are the people you've been watching in the cage. Why don't you just escape the cage?! Just live, with ought standards. Life would be so much easier." A ton of people began to clap. "I would like to thank my girlfriend, Lauren Conrad. For escaping her cage. Thank you." Grayson handed the mega phone back to Ethan. People still clipping. I was smiling from ear to ear. The game was back on and Grayson finally came back up. He ran to me, but before he could say anything I leaned in grabbing his neck and kissing his soft lips.
"Thank you. Thank you thank you." I said in between our kisses.