I Can't Find Niall (CPW Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Harry pauses then he asks, "How did you find out?"

"About what?"

"That someone was after her?"

Taking a breath I said, "I tailed her one day after I seen the car leaving right after she did."

"Does Mel know you've been tailing her?"

"No, it was just one time."

"So are you going to tell her?"

I shook my head, "I can't."

"Why not?"

"Well for starters she won't talk to me for more than 5 minutes."

"I think you need to put in more of an effort."

"How can I when I don't even have the slightest clue where she is staying."

"She's at Max's flat."

I looked at Harry, "The one like 20 minutes from campus?"

Harry nodded, "Yeah she went there the day after she left mine."

Running my hand through my hair I said, "This is bullshit."

Harry nodded, "I agree but you've made this bed now you have to lay in it." Standing Harry says, "I have to go. You still going to the party?"

I nodded, "Yeah, and you?"

"Erm.. I might swing by later on." Standing I gave Harry a 'bro hug' as he turned and left out.

---------------------------

Arriving at the party an hour late, I started looking for Mel the second I got in. I didn't have any luck finding her. I was just about to give up when I ran into Nicole. "Nicole hey." I said.

"Hey Niall." says Nicole her tone slightly slurred.

"Is Mel here?" I asked.

Nicole closes her eyes as she shakes her head, "She said she wasn't coming tonight." That's why I can't find her. I thought as Nicole says, "You know you have a lot of nerve to be asking for her. Especially since your little monkey girlfriend has been trying to threaten Mel."

"My monkey what?"

"Your monkey girlfriend Krista."

I shook my head and said, "Me and Krista aren't together." I paused and said, "Wait Krista said something to Mel?" Nicole nodded as I asked, "When?"

"Last night. Mel said she came to her warning her that she needed to stay away from you, that you two are a couple now. I personally think that you have bad taste when it comes to settling down."

Shaking my head I fished my keys out of my pocket and started to walk out when Nicole yelled, "If you're going to the apartment, I don't think that would be wise."

Turning around I asked, "Why?"

"Mel is fucked up right now. She's hurt and seeing you is the last thing she wants right now." Taking a drink from her red cup Nicole says, "Wait till Monday, she's be ready to talk then." And with that Nicole turned on her heels and walked off.

I started to head towards the door again and stopped. Maybe waiting till Monday will be best, everyone should be coming down off their hangovers and maybe she'll finally sit and listen. So walking back into the party I walked straight to the bar, "Can I have a shot of jack?"

The bartender nods in my direction as he pours the shot and slides it to me. Raising my glass to the bartender I chucked the shot back, as it flowed warm down my through.