The party

Audrey's POV

"What's the suprise?" I asked impatiently.

"Come upstairs with me." He took hold of my hand and I felt tingles in my hand. It was strange. He stopped for a second and continued walking. Did he feel it too? He dragged me upstairs and led me to a room with a sign which read "Princeton Room No entry!"

He pulled me in and told me to sit on his bed with my eyes closed. What was he going to do? What was the surprise? Afew seconds later I was told to open my eyes. My eyes widened at the sight of two boxes which looked like they contained jewellery. "Is this for me?" I asked as I opened them up.

The first box which black was decorated in a silver ribbon contained a silver charm bracelet which said dance. The second, which was a smaller blue box had a golden necklace which also said dance. He was so thoughtful. I immediately hugged him. "Thank you Prince."

"No problem Audrey."

I removed myself from him. "but whats the special occasion?"

He removed his smile and sat down on the bed next to me. "This 1 is your birthday present." He pointed to the charm bracelet which I had already placed around my wrist.

"But my birthday's not for afew weeks why are you giving it to me now?"

He remained silent and looked down.

"Princeton what is it?" I asked feeling kind of worried.

"I won't be able to come to your birthday party." He mumbled quietly.

"That's okay," I said in relief. "I'll just have my party earlier, no biggie."

"But....." He looked up and faced me. "I'm leaving in 4 days."

My smiled dropped immediately. "What?" I whispered "Why? Where are you going? When will you come back?-"

"Im auditioning for this band." He said quietly. "I think it's going to be called Mindless Behaviour or something."

I remained silent. "So this 1 is a good bye gift then?" I pointed to the necklace which I was now holding.

"Look Audrey, I will come back."

"When?" I asked expecting an answer I will like.

"In a week, if I don't make it."

"But if you do?"

The whole room went silent, minus the loudness of the party which was still going on.

"I don't know." He said in a hushed tone. I resisted the tears which were threatening to come down. "But I will come back Audrey, that's a promise." He smiled and opened out his arms for a hug. "Besides I have 4 days."

I smiled and gave him a tight squeeze. "You better come back."

I let go of him and I was about to stand up when he took my hands and the same tingles came back. We both looked at our hands and then back at each other.

"Do you feel that too?" Princeton asked in shock. I nodded my head. I looked back down but Princeton's index finger raised it my chin up so we were now level with each other. We got closer and closer until finally...... the door burst open. We faced the door and I saw a familiar blonde headed Drew.

"Oh were you 2 about to make out?" He asked when he realised why we were so close.

"Not anymore." Princeton mumbled quietly so no one  could hear, but I heard him. "What is it Drew?"

"Where's the bathroom?" he asked shyly.

"walk straight and it's the second door to your left." Princeton said in annoyance.

"Thanks man." Drew left without closing the door and Princeton groaned and went to close it making sure it was locked.

"There's a bathroom downstairs."He came back and sat next to me. "Now where were we?"

"Nice," I gave him a small kiss on the cheek and stood up. "WE shall continue this later."

"Fine." He pulled me back down so I was now sitting next to him again. "But you're not leaving me here. I have 4 days to spend with you starting now."

"What am I your girlfriend now?"

"Yup, just the way I like it."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my legs. "So tell me what this Mindless Behaviour thing is like?"

"Okay, well it's gonna be me and some other guys." He began "and we're gonna be performing all over the country, and maybe even the world."

"You better make a stop in California okay."

"I'll make that the first stop." He smiled.

"Okay tell me more." I said in a bouncey way.

"Okay, we get to dance all the time." He said as if it was his dream. "We go on tours, meet famous people, eat really good food,"

"What about school?" 

"We would have like a tutor with us everywhere we go." he informed me. "So sadly no escape."

We both laughed for a little while. "By the way you haven't been able to show me your moves." He pointed out making me realise the same thing.

"Don't you mean my AWESOME moves." I moved a piece of hair from my face.

"Fine lets go downstairs and show everyone you AWESOME moves." He replied in his attempt of doing my voice.

We ran downstairs and pushed through the people. We went into his garage seeing as there was more space and a whole lot of people were there.

We told people to move out to create some space. I kind of looked like those dance battles you see in those dancing movies like step up. Princeton told the DJ to turn the music higher if that was possible.

"Lady's first," Princeton said gesturing for me to go first.

"Okay, to show the gentlemen how it's done." I responded cleverly.

The music got louder and I began to dance. This party had just gotten whole lot more fun.

Princeton began to dance and it seemed like now we were dancing together not against. I actually enjoyed dancing with him. The sing finished and everyone bagan to chant.

"Paudrey! Paudrey! Paudrey! Paudrey!"