Chapter 53

Third Person//Orphanage//Luke and Bella

"Ricky is icky because his backside's sticky!"

Sam chorused with a few other kids.

Ricky ran into the bathroom crying.

Why did all these children hate him? What had the young boy done to make other kids hate him so much?

He stripped out of his pants grabbing the outfit which was laid on in his cubby for today's shower. He didn't care that he hadn't taken his bath yet, he just wanted to change out of his sticky pants.

"I hate myself." He sniffled. "I hate everyone!"

Practically every kid over the age of 9 stood outside the bathroom waiting for Ricky to come out, but the little boy inside stared at the window high above the shower wondering if he could escape.

It only took him a minute to face the fact that he was too little and too scared.

"Leave me alone!" He yelled from behind the door, "You're all poop heads."

It was silent.

He peeked under the door and there were no signs of people.

He opened the door and made a run for the stairs, only to realize all the kids had been standing towards the side and we're now chasing after him with the sticky sugar paste they had stuck on his chair.

With only a few steps left to the bottom Richard thought he'd make it to the kitchen where Ms, Mary was to save him. He let out a shriek when his plans failed and someone stuck there foot out sending the boy tumbling down the six stairs he had left.

Just a few feet away from where Richard laid in pain and embarrassment the front door stood, slowly creaking open.

"We're adopting Ricky!" A voice shouted, the owner of the voice sounding quite out of breath.

Richard pushed himself up, looking ahead to see who could have possibly just talked even though, from the tone he knew already.

"Luke! Bella!" He cheered, jumping into the arms of the two adults in front of him.

Luke picked him up, twirling him around.

"Haha, poop heads!" Ricky stuck his tongue out at the kids watching in a cluster in the stairs.

Ricky short up in his sleep, a frown prominent on his face and tears stinging in his eyes. This wasn't real, sadly. Well, not all of it was real. Not the Luke and Bella part at least...

Or the hugging and spinning around and poop head comments.

"They're going to come for me, put me on hold or something!" Ricky had shouted when a man and woman came to adopt him the day be before.

He woke up in a small race car bed that he absolutely hated.

"I'm not a baby," the six year old mumbled, tossing the blanket off himself and walking towards the closed metal door in "his" room.

He had his had on the knob, attempting to turn in but it wouldn't budge.

"Hello?" He called, banging his hand on the door as hard as he could. "Help me! Excuse me? I have to pee and I'm stuck in here."

Ricky took a few steps away from the door, looking around the room. Just then he had realized there were no windows and no other doors in there with him.

A screen in the corner of the room went staticky, the. flashed on so he could see a face.

"Hi," the girl with strawberry blonde hair smirked, "My name's Casey, but you can call me C...or mom."

Ricky shuttered.

Why did that name sound so familiar?

"Oh, and I heard you have to go to the bathroom. There's a bucket in the corner..."

***

Bella's POV

"We just got married," I smiled to myself, staring up at the ceiling. Luke came and laid next to me on the bed, grabbing my hand.

"We did." He confirmed, pulling off the collared shirt he'd been complaining about all night long. "At midnight, exactly."

I nodded.

Before another word could come out of my mouth the door flew open sending Luke and I practically jumping out of our skin as we jumped to sit up.

"What the-"

Ashton stood in the doorway with a look of horror and worry on his face "Casey broke out of jail and I think she has Ricky..."