C. 30 | Fear

You lifted yourself off the ground, and stared at him.

"Who's Jin?"

"Jin..." Levi mused.

"I don't know anyone named Jin."

You bit your lip. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, (Y/N) I'm very sure." Levi snapped.

You stayed quiet. 'But Hana...'

"But where?"

You shifted your footing. "Where what?"

"Where did you hear about this...Jin?"

"Nowhere." You answered, nonchalantly, ignoring the look that he had on his face. Levi clearly did not believe you.

___

"Hana!"

You rushed to her room, flinching when the door opened with a bang.

"What the hell?!"

"Sorry!" You apologized, shutting her door quietly.

She was sitting on her wheelchair, at her desk. Documents lay, scattered. Hana quickly put the documents away. "What is it?" She asked.

"Jin." You answered.

She looked at you. "Do you remember?" Shaking your head, you saw a look of disappointment flashing across her face.

"He'd hate that..." She murmured, wringing her hands.

You waited for her to continue.

"One of his biggest fear...is getting forgotten."

"Tell me where and who he is, then!"

She shook her head. "I can't!"

You grabbed her shoulder. "What do you mean you can't?!"

She shook her head frantically. "Just get out! Get out!"

You grit your teeth, and without looking backwards, you left the room, your hair whipping your face as you turned sharply around.

"You idiot," your short heels clacked against the hard ground as you stalked away, cursing under your breath.

Finding yourself back in the main hall, wandering around, you couldn't sort out your mind.

And the thoughts that came with it.

'Dammit!'

'How can I remember?'

You paced back and forth, trying to come up with a solution.

'Amnesia...that's what this is called...right?'

'Then how does one...overcome it?'

Ignoring the twisting feeling in your stomach, you headed towards the court yard. But someone was there. Someone stood there with a carriage and horse.

Unconsciously, you took a step back. But the figure had already noticed you.

"Are you (Y/N) (L/N)?" He had a gruff voice.

You immediately tried to think of anything bad you had done the past weeks.

"Yes. Yes I am." You answered, confidently. "I am (Y/N). Are you looking for me?"

The man approached you quickly. "You, (Y/N) (L/N) are under arrest."

You doubled back. "W-what?!" And before you could escape, he clapped handcuffs over your hands.

'I can't...I can't get arrested!'

On impulse, you kicked him extra hard where it hurts. "You...bitch," he groaned and swore. Taking the extra time as an advantage, you ran back inside- shutting and locking the door.

Running in panic, thoughts ran in your head. 'God, why did you do that?!'

'Now you're in even deeper trouble. Good going, (Y/N).'

You kept running. Past the mess hall, past the rooms-

You stopped running when you had no strength left. Even after running in the morning, you were surprised at how much stamina you had left.

Like a surprised and scared animal, you turned around hesitantly.

"(Y/N)?"

You nearly jumped, and flew at the girl. "Hana!"

You immediately forgot everything that had happened in the morning.

She wheeled her chair away to avoid you.

"Hana, help!" You brought up your hands, and looked at her with giant puppy eyes.

"What is this?"

"The law is after me!" You cried, flinging your linked arms around.

"I don't know- someone randomly came to arrest me!"

"This is serious." Her fingers touched her chin. "I know!" You urgently said. "That's why, I need you to-"

"Isn't turning you in the best thing to do right now?"

You turned to her, with a guilty expression. "But...I don't wanna go to jail."

Almost exactly sixty minutes later, you found yourself in a jail cell.

"Wait- what am I here for?!" You asked the guard who was standing at your door. "I don't talk to criminals, ma'am." He answered. "Especially ones that try to seduce me."

"Wh- I wasn't trying to- ugh!" You gave up trying to communicate.

But you were restless in your cell. And the people in the next cell weren't really helping. They reached through the bars, their eyes glistening. They whistled, and beckoned you to come closer.

"Come, girl."

"Come over here!"

"Let's talk, eh?"

You tried your best to ignore them as you sat on the floor, the cool hard wall against your back. Everything seemed surreal.

There was only one question on your mind.

'Why?'