C. 9 | Petra

"What the hell?!" You turned around, taking in the three giant Titans. "Keep going." Erwin urged, his eyes never leaving the plains in-front of him.

You shook your head, listening to the people screaming. "Levi. Slow down." You said, softly.

'Did he hear me?'

But after a while, you felt the horse gradually slowing down. "What are you doing?!" You raged to the man, who was carrying a dead corpse with him on his horse.

"Don't tell me you actually went back." You shouted. "Just help us, (Y/N), Levi-heichou!" They pleaded.

"Toss the bodies." Levi shouted, his arm high in the air.

"But-!"

You interrupted them. "Would you rather die?!" You demand, not wanting and not allowing them to do so. "Our intentions are to get you back to your families safe!"

They looked at you, speechless. "What choice do we have?" The first man asked, his face troubled. "Toss them!" He called.

And you watched the bodies fly into the air, causing the carts to speed up, leaving the Titans in the dust.

You felt Levi stiffen from behind you. You looked out, and saw a girl flying out of the cart. Petra.

You tense. 'Levi...'

___

Finally, the walls came into the view. Looming above tiny animals, they did indeed almost seem like gods.

"We're back..." You said, relieved. 'How ironic would it be if I died right here and now?'

You felt yourself smile.

"What are you smiling about?" Levi asked.

"How did you know I was smiling?"

"You relaxed."

"I was thinking about my death."

You didn't hear a response back. The walls grew bigger and bigger every approaching second.

Until finally...

"They're back!"

"Didn't the number decrease by a lot?"

"What was the point of this, they just left today!"

You sigh. "Maybe it was better to just stay out." You felt the warm presence jump off the horse. "Levi." You warned, watching him from above, leading the horse.

He looked up at you.

"Are you okay?" You asked, watching him. "I'm fine," Levi said, leading the horse through the thin streets.

"I wonder how Eren's holding up?" You mused, growing quiet as you noticed a man approaching Levi.

"Thank you for taking care of my daughter! I'm Petra's father. I thought I'd stop and talk to you a little before going to find my daughter!"

Your blood turned to ice. "Petra's...Father?" You looked down at Levi, but his face was hidden from your view.

"My daughter sent me this letter, you see...she wrote she got the high honor of being use to you, Corporal...and that she was going to give it her all to live up to your expectations."

'Oh dear. Please shut up, Petra's kind father. Please shut up.'

"Um...well, anyway..." He continued, noticing Levi's quiet behavior and the fact he never looked at the man once.

"As her father, I, uh...I was thinking it was probably too early for me to insist she get married, you know...she's still too young, and has her all her life ahead of her, so..."

You paled. 'Levi was going to marry Petra?' A strange feeling crushed you. You felt as if your insides were being crushed.

'Ah right. The possibility of my broken bones.'

You gasped, accidentally, causing Levi's head to snap to you. "(Y/N)?" He asked, his hand resting on your thigh as you bent over.

"I'm fine." You choked out, straightening. But your cheeks wouldn't stop feeling chilled.

You stared at Levi with frightened eyes. 'What is this feeling?'

"Lev..." You trailed on, forgetting about Petra's father. "Oh, Corporal. Is this your sister?" He asked, in a jolly mood.

'Sister?'

A different type of sharp pain stung your chest.

___

You stayed put in your room, curled in a ball on your bed. You heard Eren was going to be turned over to the Military Police.

'Talk about a bad day.'

'And apparently a girl named Annie is the suspect? How are we supposed to lure her...how will she believe us?'

'Answer...She won't.'

Your head hung down, you had some time to think.

'But earlier...'

'With Levi and Petra's dad.'

'What was that?'

'Was it a disease? A disorder? A flu? Is there something wrong with me? Something different?'

'Ah...anyway, one thing I know for sure besides the fact that it hurts.'

'It's slowly killing me.'

You flipped over on your bed.

'I need sleep...'

'Or they're going to have fun without me.'