C. 13 | Repudiation

"Hana!" You chased after her, stumbling in the hallway. "Come back!" You begged.

She stuck out her tongue playfully as she looked back at you. "Nah."

"B-but-"

She dangled your boot in-front of your face. You tried to snatch it away, but she was too fast, and pulled it away.

"Where...are you going?" You demand, rounding the corner, hot on her heels.

"Leviiiiii!" She called, between laughs. "Levi, are you in here?"

She ran into his room, after flinging his door open. "Look at what I've got." She sang, dancing around in his room.

You finally caught up, and gasped for air as you clutched onto the door frame. "Give it- back." You wheezed.

"What are you doing?" You heard Levi ask.

"She won't give me my boot!"
___

"I hate you." You said, as you scrubbed the wall.

"Whatever." She said, smiling as she swept the floor. "Punishment isn't that bad."

You sulk. Levi had given the both of you punishment for no apparent reason.

'It wasn't my fault anyway...' You thought to yourself, as you dragged the wet sponge across the wall.

"So...(Y/N)? Do you think Levi looked at me with small spark of love in his eyes?" Hana asked, swooning a bit.

You kept silent for a while as you scrubbed the wall repeatedly. "What does love look like?"

"Did his eyes sparkle?"

"Maybe from the sunlight. I wasn't looking." You absentmindedly said.

You heard the sweeping stop. "Really?" She asked, her eyes wide. "Did he really?"

"I told yo-"

"He did! He did, didn't he?" She asked, cheerily. She danced around the room, doing all sorts of twirls.

You sighed. "He did?"

"Maybe! If he thinks of me more than just a friend. Or does he even consider me a friend?"

She wilted.

"Oh." You helpfully said.

"I might confess." She said, her cheeks red.

"What do you need to confess?" You asked, wiping the wall dry.

"No, no. I need to confess to him!" She said.

"What do you need to confess to him?" You ask, quizzically.

She looked as if she wanted to slap you. "It's when you tell the other person you like them." She explained.

"Good god, (Y/N)! I can tell you don't major in the love department." She commented.

"I never had anyone talk to me about it." You argue, moving to the window.

"You should know." Hana said, grinning.

"I'm good."

And the silence settled, after creeping up like fog.

"Y'know, (Y/N)?" Hana spoke up. "You should find a crush. It really helps you move on with life."

You raised your eyebrow to look at her.

"Of course! Choose someone else than Levi- alright?"

"I don't know, Hana. I don't need a crush."

She shook her head. "It'll brighten your world."

"My world is already bright." You responded.

After a little bit of silence, Hana quietly spoke up again. "Hey (Y/N), what's your dream kiss like?" She asked, her head resting on her hands as she held herself up with support from the broom.

"My dream...kiss?" You propped your broom against the wall.

"Yeah! Like- any thoughts?"

You perked up. "In a rose garden, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, my prince is looking down at me, his eyes are sparkling, an-"

You were cut off when Hana tried to stifle her laugh- and failed. "H-hey!" You protested, as she was leaning against her broom, laughing.

"It's not that funny..." You sulked. "Sorry, sorry." Hana said, her laughter dying down.

"It's just...you're so innocent." She said, laughing into her fist.

"...me?" Your eyes widen.

"I'm going to do it!" Hana suddenly spoke up. "I'm going to confess!"

"Wait- like the I-love-you-confession thingy?" You ask, putting the sponge back in the bucket as calm as you could manage.

Your hands were shaking for some strange reason.

"Of course! Good job, (Y/N). You remember it!" She clapped her hands, before walking out the door.

"I need to go find Levi." She said, her mouth in a thin straight line.

'Hana?'

"Wait!" You ran after her. "Can I come?"

"Nope. Stay here." She answered, her heels tapping against the hard wooden floor as she walked.

You watched her leave, and slipped out the door, following her down the hallway.

You watched with skillful eyes as she entered Levi's room, and closed the door behind her.

You crept up, and waited outside the door.

"Levi?"

You heard Hana ask quietly.

"Are you done with cleaning? I'll come inspect it." Levi said.

"Wait, Heichou. It's not that..."

"What is it? Don't waste my time."

"I love you! Will you- will you go out with me?"

You stood, stunned.

'Hana...'

You fingertips brushed the doorknob, but you decided to stay back.

The silence was long. You heard some incoherent words.

'Levi?'

You stepped away from the door as soon as you heard footsteps.

Just in time.

The door banged open, and Hana rushed out. You didn't see her face, but you had a feeling Levi had turned her down.

Hana had taught you- this was called 'rejection.'