C. 23 | Relax

"You'll be fine," you coached yourself in front of your mirror.

"Hey...Lev. We need to talk." You rehearsed.

'Too formal.'

"Hello. I have lost my memory- who the hell are you?"

'This is an option.'

"Hello, lover boy. Let's go make out- right now."

'What am I thinking...'

"Well hello there, you sonuvabitch."

'...well it's always an option.'

"Great- let's go with number two." You tugged a strand of escaped hair from your ponytail.

"Ugh- what am I doing." You slapped your palm to your forehead.

'Well I gotta get it over with some day.' You steeled yourself towards his door.

"This is ridiculous." You announce, when your hand just wouldn't simply knock.

"Goddammit, (Y/N)! Stop being a nervous wreck. You're going to get run over by a train someday."

'Uh- wait what?' As you pondered over what you had just said, your hand hovering a mere inch from the door, it flew open.

You, startled, instantly jumped back a few feet.

"Why are you always so loud in the mornings?!" Levi demanded.

"Ah, heic- Lev!" You greeted, nervously.

All the thoughts in your mind had scattered.

He squinted at you.

'Say something!' Your mind screeched.

"Uh. The ground is moist."

'...not what I had in mind.'

Levi looked at you strangely. "Did you lose your brain somewhere?" He asked.

"That's exactly it." You replied, with thick sarcasm.

'Think of the cons if you never talk to him about that thing!'

'...are there any cons?'

"We...we need to talk."

Levi didn't look surprised, and he left the doorway- only to take a seat in a chair.

You followed him inside, and shut the door quietly.

'How should I phrase it...?'

"Hey, Levi..."

"Why did you kiss me?"

Levi took his sweet time drinking his tea. "I do what I want. Is that wrong, (Y/N)?" He asked, his expression stoic.

'You make me so furious sometimes! Stupid!'

Your thoughts must've shown on your face. "What- did you not enjoy it?" Levi asked, taking a sip.

You eyes flitted everywhere, trying to focus on something besides the arrogant man in front of you. "You can't just ask that, idiot" You said, your eyes focused on the corner of the room, your cheeks flushed pink.

The room was dead.

'Gah, what's up with this atmosphere...' You sighed inaudibly. "Levi, I possibly might have the hots for you, but I have absolutely no idea what the hell I'm supposed to do, you're going to-"

You were cut off when you were about to take a deep breath and continue. Someone's lips slowly found yours.

Levi's fingers touched your chin- angling your head properly, to lock your lips with his.

You immediately closed your mouth, your knees going weak and began backing away to cut his kiss off, but you felt his hand support you from behind- literally giving you no where to go.

Finally, he stopped the kissing you, and took a step back, his expression blank, and his arms crossed as he surveyed you.

You had almost collapsed, due to lack of air. "You're going to pay for getting yourself stuck in my head." You finished, softly.

"How was that for payment?" He asked.

"...Levi..." You stared at him, your head still tilted.

"The Survey Corps and saving humanity will always come first to me, (Y/N). Can you deal with that?" His eyes swept over you.

You hesitated. But this was the closest you could ever possibly get to him. "I can deal with it. But...what does this make us?"

"I thought girls always knew."

You felt insulted. "I never talked to those girls about these things back in the training group." You muttered.

"Then, you can figure it out yourself. Doesn't that sound fun, (Y/N)?" He smiled. "I'm getting chills from you." You said, grimacing.

"Lev- tell me you like me."

"Why?"

"Because I said it."

"You said you had the hots for me."

Your face burned a bright red as he uttered the words you had randomly said a few minutes before. "I-I was rambling."

"I appreciate you."

"God dammit, Levi." You laughed, suddenly. The air suddenly seemed to get lighter. "A lot." He added.

"Thanks, Levi." You walked over to him, ducking your face down, and beamed up at him. "I appreciate you a lot, too."

He turned his face away. "Tch."

You took a seat in his chair. "Can I have some tea?" You asked, looking at the cup, which Levi held. He looked over, and stood in front of you.

He took a gulp of his tea, draining it. "Levi, you meanie!" You exclaimed, backing away on instinct as his face came near, and he kissed you, letting the drink run into your mouth.

You nearly gagged, and spit it all in his face. You ended up getting a cough attack. "One...second." You coughed a few times again.

"That's unsexy." Levi commented.

"S-so?" You asked, pressing your palms to your warm cheeks. "Anyway." You calmed yourself down, and the redness began to drain away from your cheeks.

"Are you trying to kill me?!" You yelled in his ear, watching him plug one ear as you shouted at him. "I was choking to death." You commented.

He looks at you with a cooled expression. "Be thankful you got to drink tea, brat." You pursed your lips. 'Yes, good point there.'

He coughed into his fist violently, causing you to sit up- and press your hand to his forehead. "Are you sick again?" You murmured.

'His face is looking slightly red...'

You didn't notice how close you were to him, until his fingers softly touched your hair. "So soft...just like that day." He said, under his breath.

"What?" You asked, lifting your head.

He didn't respond. "Wait, are you sure you're not sick?" You asked him. "Be honest, okay?" You looked at him right in the eye.

His eyes bored into yours. "I'm not sick, (Y/N), you brat. You're wasting your breath."

You were about to retort, when your heard a knocking on the door.

"Levi?"

'Hana!'