Chapter 13

When we get to the nurse and the nurse is treating Scott I stare at him wondering why they were picking on him like out of everyone. He is not someone I would think got beat up.

He was really good looking and didn't look like the usual people the basketball players pick on. He looks like a junior or senior. I'm sitting on one of the chairs while Scott was holding an ice pack to his eye.

The nurse asks Scott "What happened to you?" In a very concerned voice.

He shifts his eyes to me for a second not moving his head and then makes eye contact with the nurse and says "In gym the ball came straight at my face."

He looks back at me and gave me like a don't say a word stare. I really want to say what really happened but I don't want him to get mad at me.

I am surprised the nurse didn't tell me to go back to class because I wasn't hurt, so I didn't want to talk or anything to make her change her mind. The nurse asks Scott "Do you want to call your parents and go home, or do you think you can make it through three more periods?"

He says "I'm fine. Can I take the ice pack to my class I'm missing a history test."

She sits down at her desk and starts writing down in a big binder some stuff I can't see, and says "Yes no problem just bring it back right after 10th period."

He gets up so I do the same and when we were both out of the nurse he says "You didn't have to stay."

I look at him and say "Are you kidding I'm missing a quiz right now." And giggle trying to lighten the mood.

He keeps avoiding eye contact with me which I thought was pretty weird, but I don't really mind it. He did just get beaten up.

He turns his head to me and says "I don't really have a test this period I just don't want to sit in there anymore, and I don't want her calling my parents."

I nod agreeing with him and ask "Why were they beating you up anyway? You don't really look like someone who gets picked on."

He starts walking a little faster and says "I have to go faster I can't miss this period."

I grab his wrist so he stops going so fast and say "Tell me."

He makes complete eye contact with me and says "It's nothing. Cameron is just pissed off that Coach Watters is training me to play point guard in basketball and that's what he plays, so he told the team to torment me."

All I'm thinking in my mind the whole time is I feel so bad for him and I want Cameron to move to China. This information got my blood boiling.

I really want to tell someone to help but who am I going to tell Coach Watters, Cameron's dad? I doubt anything would happen if I told someone. Cameron is like the king of the school being captain of the basketball team and all.

Scott then continues his rant and says "He's trying to get me really hurt so I can't play in the game tonight."

"Oh my gosh is he for real? I didn't realize how mean he is." I reply.

He nods and says "Yeah I saw you at Nathan's party the other night." Kind of making it awkward.

I put my face in my hands and say "Did everyone see us kiss?"

He laughs and says "Pretty much."

I stop walking and point to an empty hallway and say "Great." and roll my eyes.

"Do you wanna take the long way?" I ask.

He looks back at me and says "Sorry I have a girlfriend."

I immediately start laughing and say "I wasn't proposing. It just takes longer. I don't know what you usually do down this hallway but I was planning on just walking."

He looks away from me and says "Oh um I think I'm just going to go this way." and continues walking.

I say "Oh okay I'm gonna go this way I'll see you tonight."

He says "Tonight?"

"At the basketball game. I'm cheering." I reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Authors note)- hey guys hope you liked the chapter please leave a vote and comment so I know you liked it. And please if you have any ideas leave it in the comments or even message me I love hearing your ideas.

Thoughts on Scott?