Victim 24

I looked up at the smirking idiot in front of me and all I could see was red.

And it wasn't from the flames in my peripheral vision nor was it the heat on my back, although they did play a pretty big part.

I was seeing red because the first person in a long fucking time who had actually stuck around, was engulfed in flames in a car he couldn't get out of because I was selfish and I wanted to go out in the car again. It was all I, I, I.

I gritted my teeth, my eyes darkening. I growled slightly under my breath as electricity started to run down my blood stream and, I mean, I was angry, sure, but the darkness that was in my veins wasn't causing this reaction.

Or maybe it was.

I was blinded by something that I didn't even know the fuck about.

And the twisted smirk that led upon the face of the person - the (maybe) murderer - in front of me was just too much to handle. It was making it worse. I knew I needed to get out of there before my veins turned to ice, but, at that moment, I couldn't give a fuck about the surrounding area.

Because all I was seeing was red.

And all I was seeing was Flynn, who, surprisingly, had bright red hair.

My sort of friend who had terrible pick up lines and a long list of over exaggerated stories about people he met on the street. The guy who actually spoke to me like normal, because to him I was just that - normal. And he was now staring at me like I was dirt on his shoe that he wanted rid of. I was looking at him the same way.

"Only half bloods can kill other half bloods," Flynn said and I raised an eyebrow, despite the fact that I wanted to rip his heart out and stomp on it.

"How do you know?" I asked, my voice steady.

He stepped closer to me and I straightened my back that little bit more. "I've been following you." He chuckled darkly. "Do you really think I'd leave the person who tried to kill me out of my line of sight?" He was right in front of me by now. A finger ran down my cheek and I tried my hardest not to break his arm. I needed to surprise him. He expected me to jump.

"I fucked up, okay?"

He shrugged and moved back. "I'm still going to kill you."

And at that I looked down at my hands that were tightly wound together and then I remembered - I was not Karma anymore, nor was I halfblood.

I was somewhere in the middle, which meant I was nowhere near as powerful as the person in front of me. I needed Axel to change, but he wasn't even past his Newborn stage. At that moment my heart fell out of my chest and I could literally feel it dying in front of me. If I wasn't halfblood, then I couldn't kill him. But he could kill me. I was fucking weak.

But there was something strange in my veins.

Fuck.

Before I knew what was happening, my body had crashed to the ground and I was looking up at the starless sky. And then I was looking at Flynn who was standing above me. His one of his eyes was black and the other one purple and his teeth were clenched and - this is what a halfblood looked like. They didn't look crazy to me and, quite honestly, his eyes were beautiful.

I looked behind him to see that the fire on the car was almost out and smirked ever so slightly, before standing up and smashing my foot in his gut.

I realised that I might as well try. I still had my strength and my speed. I could still read his mind if I really needed too. I could do everything my Karma self was able to do, just it was weaker and took a lot more effort on my part.