Victim 13

The bird was on the floor. My heart was in my throat.

I quickly scooped up Reed, whose little wings were flapping around, and spun around to meet the person in front of me with a scowl on my face and profanities on my tongue.

"Cute bird." The person said just as I was about to open my mouth.

"It wouldn't be so cute if he were dead," I spat, holding the bird tighter in my arms, before focusing my attention back on the person in front of me. They were male and had short blond hair that was slicked off of their face. A plain white t-shirt was around their torso and dark jeans were around their legs.

He was, admittedly, attractive, but he had a different air around him and, only when my eyes met his own, did I realise why they were so peculiar looking - to me anyways.

His brown eyes shone brightly into my own and we smirked at the exact same time.

This person that stood before me was, simply put, a good Karma. Or, as I liked to call him - much to his disgust - Cameron, due to his crooked nose.

As a Karma myself, I had the wonderful ability to spot others of my kind. And in doing so, I knew the particular traits of each Karma. This Karma had dark eyes and dark hair, meaning they were good. Their eyes and hair changed lighter as they offer said good Karma and, as a result, in normal meetings their hair was the opposite. I had light eyes and I was a Karma, meaning that I was a bad Karma. It was the opposite for each one.

Everything was opposite these days.

However, me and Cameron had history that was deeped than the Earth's crust. Way deeper.

"Maybe I wasn't talking about that bird," he said, winking in my direction.

I rolled my eyes, walking past him. However, I didn't get very far because Cameron's cold hands wrapped around my upper arm and he was pulled me back towards him. I spun around sharply and glared at him again. "We know what happened the last time you touched me."

He held his hands up in surrender. "I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for a reason. I would prefer it if my blood wasn't on your hands again." At this he grimaced and I grinned.

"That was a pretty good time..."

"I didn't know I couldn't kill you!"

Back when Cameron was first introduded to me we had gotten into a little spat. I was just generally being me and he was new and so I decided to test him a little. However, him being new, got angry - really angry - and so he attempted to try and kill me. Attempted. Long story short, I got even me-like and, before he was even entered to the world of sunshine an roses, he was half dead in Devan's office. Not the best move on my part I must admit.

"You can't kill anyone, idiot. You shove glitter into people's lives, I bring death. It's a big difference, mate." At this he glared in my direction.

"I didn't know that!"

I smirked, "that's because you're an idiot with glitter."

"One time!"

I snickered under my breath, remembering the time he actually tried to do good to someone by giving them a lifetime supply of glitter. However, that didn't go down too well and I'm fairly sure that to this day the poor victim is still trying to get the glitter out of his unsuspecting carpet.

"It was funny as hell."

He narrowed his eyes at me. I just adjusted the bird that was squawking in my arms and walked away from him. I could literally feel his eyes boring into the back of my head, but I ignored it as best as I could.