Part 1

"Mom? MOM!" Gracie screams as she watches her mother take her last breathe. Grace collapses on the floor as she hears the monitor dead line. "NO! IT WASN'T SUPOSSED TO BE LIKE THIS YOU WERE SO STRONG WHY?!?!?!" The doctors rush in to check her pulse. The nurse runs in and helps Grace up off of the cold concrete floor even though she's so used to seeing her reflection in the floor since she was ten and they found a tumor in her mothers lungs. The nurse walked her to the front desk to see her uncle Roy talking to the Doctor and he saw his head drop in disappointment. She could see that he was in mourning but a fire built up in her chest. "Now you decide to show up after so many years?!?" She says to herself. He walks up to her with open arms and hugs her tightly. She pushes him off in protest. "So now you decide to show up after my mother dead lines huh? Or is it because you got bored from having no gigs today? Huh? Oh now you have time? AFTER FIVE YEARS?!?" Roys eyes start to water. "I'm sorry Gracie I-" Gracie cuts him off and walks off. "I have no time for your bullshit excuses." Roy stays close behind her and follows her out to the back where he sees other nurses smoking out back by the dumpster. Gracie grabs her pack of reds and lights up a cigarette.
Roys chest fills with anger and grabs the cigarette out of Graces mouth while she was in the middle of exhaling and throws it to the ground stepping on it. Grace coughs loudly from being startled. "You know how dangerous that is taking a smokers cigarette, fucking ass?!?" Roy glares at Graces blue eyes "Yes I do, and do you know how dangerous it is lighting one up right after seeing your own mother, my sister die from lung cancer?!?" Roy screams the nurses glare at him and put their cigarettes out and walk inside. Grace walks away and Roy follows closely behind her and grabs her arm. "There is one promise I'm gonna keep to my sister is to take you in no matter what the cost." Grace glares at him out of anger. "I'll bring the car around and drive you home." Grace huffed and went inside to grab her bag. She stood outside with her arms crossed and her bags at her side. Roy pulled up in his car and Grace shoved her bags in the back and hopped in the front. Roy look over at Grace and sees some scars on her upper arm. Roy looks back to the front and asks "What are those from?" Grace pulls her sleeve and says "just fell in track on the pavement." Roy rolls his eyes and says sarcastically "Oh okay." They pull up to her drive way Grace and Roy hop out. "If you don't mind I might stay the night so we can get a head start on the road tomorrow." Grace looks at him in confusion. Roy glares at her "You're coming to stay with me remember?" Grace rolled her eyes and grabbed her bags and walked in. Roy pierced his lips and whispered under his breath "Not today satan" as he followed closely behind her inside.