Chapter Seven.

Chapter Seven.

      Being on Broadway had always been a dream of mine. But in those dreams I was acting, not getting water for everyone. Everybody would know my name, not only be known by Water-Girl and it still only be my first day. I walk quickly past a dressing-room door but before I can fully pass and turn the corner.

“Yo, Water-Girl. I asked you for WARM water not HOT water.”

     It was James; he isn’t even an actor. Just some-ones fifteen year old kid who doesn’t know how to say “please” or “thank you”.

“James, this will be the fifth time I’ve gotten you water in the last hour. Can’t you get it yourself?”

“Ah no! Isn’t this your job? What kind of person would I be if I took your job.”

     He said slamming his bottle on my stomach.

“No, it’s not my job. You know that I don’t even work here. That my sister and her boyfriend are doing the lighting and sound work.”

“Well it’s your choice. Get me the water or I can make this place awful for you.”

“She doesn’t have to do it. You’re not the boss of her and I can always tell your mom.”

     A cute little curly haired boy popped his head out from the corner. I had seen him before; he’s one of the main kid actors. He has the voice of an angel that you wouldn’t believe. He put his hand on the wall only stepping out only a little.

“Nicholas, go away no-one was talking to you.”

     James glared.

“He doesn’t have to! And I’ll go get your stupid water.”

      I stepped in between James and Nicholas. Even though Nicholas is about four years younger and a half foot shorter than James, he looked like he was gonna rip James’s head off. I started to walk off and Nicholas was right behind me.

“Why are you getting it for him?”

“Because sometimes you just have to do stuff you don’t want to, for people you don’t like.”

     I look back at him. He looks shocked, his brown eyes where huge and his mouth is hanging open. Now that I saw his eyes up close they look really sweet. It made me wanna stop what I was doing and just hug him for a few moments.

“Demi, you can’t just let him win! You’re too pretty for that!”

“Wait. How do you know my name and what do you mean pretty?”

     His mouth slammed shut, his eyes got bigger, he gulped, and ran away. Now I must be the one who looks shocked. Someone please tell me what just happened.

Joe’s P.O.V.

“Maybe she got eaten by aliens.”

     I guess looking over at Kevin. We had been sitting outside of Demi’s house for an hour now. Waiting for her to get back from where ever she was.

“Really Joseph, Aliens?”

“Yeah, and their putting her remains back together right now. Making her some weird alien, zombie chick.”

“Ok how do you even get or come up with this stuff?”

“I really don’t know any more.”

     Kevin chuckled.

“Maybe the car broke down?”

     He gave a guess.

“I don’t know. It’s not like she didn’t know we were coming. We both promised last night.”

     We sat for a few more minutes.

“You know what would be funny?”

      He asked

“If she came and ate us so we were some weird alien, zombie dudes?”

“Ok for one thing, how in the world would that be funny? And second if she was in Broadway helping out with Nick’s play, and they didn’t even know who each other was.”

“That would be funny. No what would be even more funny is if Nick got a little boy crush on her and did that stick up for her thing he does and then ran off when she almost found him out.”

     We both started laughing as we walked away from Demi’s house.