30. What kind of reaction is that?

Start from the beginning

"We just have to paint the whole situation as something really exciting and amazing" Harry suggested "And maybe it wouldn't hurt if we get him a very big present and we tell him the baby sent it".

"Wait, we are doing all those things?" Louis asked lifting up his head and looking at Harry.

"Oh, I don't know, I just assumed I would be there when you told him" Harry explained.

"Do you want to be there?" Louis wondered.

"Do you want me to be there?" Harry asked in turn.

"I've imagined the situation in my head a number of times, trying to decide the best way to break the news, but I've always imagined it just being Matty and I" said Louis.

"Does that mean you don't want me there?" Harry asked raising his eyebrows questioningly.

"No, I just meant that I never pictured you there..." Louis trailed off, he seemed deep in thought.

"So...?" Harry wondered.

"I don't know what to do" Louis sighed dramatically "I didn't even want to tell Matty until we were home".

"You can't wait that long Lou, people are noticing you're pregnant, and someone might say something in front of Matty" Harry pointed out "And Matty might start asking why you're hiding a football under your shirt, the baggy jumper trick won't work forever".

"I know" Louis pouted, and once again rested his head on Harry's shoulder "I think I want you to be with me when I tell him".

"Yeah?" Harry asked, a smile forming on his lips.

"Only if you want to" Louis said uncertainly.

"I do, of course" Harry nodded, as he hugged Louis tighter and brought him closer.

"Then your job will be to make sure I don't chicken out at the last minute" Louis explained.

"I can do that" Harry agreed.

"Thank you Haz".

"What did you call me?" Harry asked smiling.

"Harry?".

"No, you called me Haz".

"Then why did you ask if you heard me?" Louis asked.

"Because I was surprised at the nickname, you always call me Harry" Harry explained.

"If you don't like nicknames, just say so, I can just call you Harry" Louis shrugged.

"No, it's fine, I don't mind you giving me a nickname".

"What a great pointless conversation we just had" Louis said, and Harry could bet Louis had rolled his eyes.

"You're extra sassy today" Harry chuckled.

"And you're extra annoying" Louis sassed.

"If I'm annoying you, why are you so close to me?" Harry dared.

"Because your shoulder is a comfy pillow, and I'm tired because an annoying person snored in my ear all night" Louis answered.

"I didn't do that" Harry defended.

"So you're admitting you're annoying?" Louis dared.